Boost gauge and egt new exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woohooo boost and egt all sorted appreciate the help
c2b2af9c8e7fd5c98375d2b925268867.jpg
c705cfe067d8f3bc4f466fbe17cd69ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone know what size ID the wastegate line is that you tap into? so i can go out and get the right size tee piece.
or what size tee you used?

cheers.

T piece came with my boost gauge . I'd say it's 6mm tho. I can check if you havnt already done it

You guys sure its 6mm? That's 1/4" - pretty big. That type of thing is usually 3-4mm or 1/8 - 3/16" on most applications. pull the hose off and put the vernier calipers on the barb to check. You can squeeze a smaller vacuum hose on a big barb but not a great idea to put a big hose on a small barb either.

Not the best measurement or photo, but this is an offcut of hose the same size as what's on my yd25 from the wastegate to the turbo housing... It is roughly 4mm ID, so a 6mm OD tee would fit in there nicely...
0ba5d6f9257796528c692091760006db.jpg

Yeah, ok. Dont want to split hairs or anything but that would be a 3/16 fitting. Ive used 1/4" fittings on 3/16 before though - its ok.

You're probably right. I'm sure the tee piece that came with my autometer gauge said it was 1/4", but that's going from memory of nearly 6 years ago now haha... It was a decently tight fit in the wastegate line without clamps, but I zip tied the ends on to the tee anyway just in case

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

awesome work, nah i havent fitted it, i yet got the EGT all done but ran out of time as usual.
fly back to work for 2 months now so itll be an after xmas job...

interestingly my autometer (lite?) didnt come with a tee.. just some brass threaded fittings and some cheapo tiny stiff boost line, so hence im scrapping that crap and going with some sturdier line and fittings.

I used the stiff boost line for mine, it's been fine. According to their online instruction manuals now, boost fittings don't have the tee anymore, they use a compression fitting which is probably why you didn't get one... If you'd rather use the fitting you got with the gauge, you could drill and tap into the intercooler near the cold side instead. If you haven't got a tap, an engineering shop should be able to do it fairly cheaply I'd imagine...

Looks good, if they are too bright at night, get a resistor put in the light supply wire or get a potentiometer wired in so you can adjust the brightness...

Thx for heads up . They've got 7/8 colours on them 3/4 light then 3/4 dark so I just go to the lighter in the night 👍🏻

Ah OK cool. Mine were stupidly bright at night and not adjustable so I had to put a couple of resistors in the feed wire to dim them down a bit lol

Back