2012 d40 limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robnavara

Reaction score
Hey guys

Last week all of a sudden my 2012 d40 diesel started going into limp mode with no turbo power at all. This has only happened so far when Idling at a set of lights of parked up with the engine running. Turn the car off and on again and I get full power back. Has anyone had similar or the same issue and if so what was the problem. The bus is booked in to get looked at tomorrow but we all know that going to Nissan just costs mega $$. Cheers rob

Had similar a few weeks ago.

Read here: http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=34042

Mine has been running well mostly since then. I've also dropped in a bit of fuel additive which is suspect may have let some gunge back into the fuel system as it cut out on me a couple of days ago, but it was when I gave it a bootfull to get up to speed in traffic. OTherwise has been running a lot better. I figured I'd change the fuel filter after this tank of fuel runs through.

Thanks mate

That does help a bit however mine has not stalled at all. It will run perfectly fine until it idles and after say 30 seconds it's just got no power there on take off. No dash warning lights either.

it will be your egt sensor fault p0546 my 2012 went last week nissan now have a 4th version of this sensor

Hey Mate,

I had the same problem with my new 2012 D40, I was only breaking it in and had only done 3000km. It went into Limp mode and turned out to be the exhaust sensor.

Took it to Nissan and they fixed it. 6 months on and they replaced it again as they were having issues with the sensor mondel they were using.

Never use Nissan Roadside assist as they are a bunch of Muppets. They sub contract out to RACQ in QLD so its better to go through them.

One year later and my Radiator sensor was shot and went into limp mode again.

Seems to be a common problem with the Nissan D40 and the Sensors.

I hope it just a sensor in your case!

Back