Good week in the scrub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
Hi All
Just got back from a week east of Leonora W.A. running rough tracks around the goldfields. I'm impressed with my old Nav, she didn't miss a beat but she's got a lot more scratches down each side in the paint work and red dust everywhere.
Only had one problem coming home, the gears jammed a bit and it was hard to get back into first, so hoping someone can tell me why.
Cheers

PS. found a little bit of gold while I was out there haha

Attachments

• IMG_0511 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0511 - Copy.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 112
I'd probably start by changing the gear oil and putting some of that nulon or similar additive in there. If still no good, when was the brake and clutch fluid last changed? May be due, also wouldn't hurt to check the freeplay on the clutch pedal in case it isn't disengaging completely...

Should keep you busy until your next trip with any luck hahaha. Sounds awesome by the way

The old gal is due a service and all filters and engine oil to be changed.
Brake and clutch fluids haven't been changed in the 2 years I've had the vehicle so guess they can be done.
I don't see any free play in the clutch pedal but have noticed when you push the pedal in, it seems to have a bit of resistance and get harder. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

It is recommended to replace brake and clutch fluid every 2 years anyway, so wouldn't hurt. They are supposed to be a self adjusting clutch, but depending how old the fluid is, the clutch master cylinder might have some crap built up in it. If still no good after changing the fluid, I'd either rebuild it or put a new/reco one on there... Freeplay only really needs setting after replacing the clutch, so should be OK there.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bush Trip Eastwards

Hello,
I work my way through the BackRoads while doing my Scrap Metal Collections
and always enjoy the Trips so far, I have just started entering Kellaberrin lately,
some very good roads as well like the "Goldfields Road" from York too Kellaberrin
some Forty Km's South of Great Eastern Highway, running parallel!

I have just fitted a Road Cam to my D21 and intend filming some of my Trips
and suggesting Good Roadhouses too Eat at along the way, like the "Puma Road
House" at "Tammin" with very clean "Toilets and Showers"!

If you see me in your Travels, make yourself known and I will boil a Billy for you,
and we can swap some lies about our Nissan's!

Good Luck with your repairs

highway man!:deadhorse2:

Latest posts

Back