Which Alternator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Guys/Gals, Been a while, hope all is well with everybody. Wish i could tell you all about exciting shit, but its all crap. Anyway, I have a dilema. The Alternator needs replacing, not charging above 12.3v. Been searching on Ebay and have a choice between clutch or clutchless. which is better and why ( hope i don't open up a can of worms ). i don't have anything big to run. A couple of IPF spotties, 1000 watt amp, mongoose alarm, running a led 24/7. It's not an everyday drive and may sit for a week or two. Cheers.

Clutch/clutchless choice may depend on the exact vehicle model too, I'm not sure on alternators. However, power I can do.

And a 1,000W amp will draw 83A from your battery. That's not little at all - it is so much power, in fact, that your alternator at cruise rpm won't be able to supply that much (and your car is obviously using power in other devices too.

I'd be looking at the alternator from a Patrol. Not sure which model will fit, but they pump out about 30A more than the D22 alternator and are a bolt-in fit. Does depend on the exact model of your car too - there have been a couple of guys on this forum who've done the change.

Thanks Tony, It's a 05 D22 STR. 3.0 TD Manual. Advert says 90 amp, suit Nav or Patrol. Replaces the same as i already have. Should i be looking for a 100 amp or higher you think?

The clutch one would be for the yd25 d22 motor. To prevent it from spinning backwards on shutdown and causing a spike.

I bought this one for mine

All you have to do is change the pulley
Over with your old pulley.
As it is a double row pulley..

Here is the part number

image-3553829794.jpg

Cheers
Geoff

"GO THE NAV V6's"

Thanks Tony for your info on how much power the amp is drawing on my battery, that helped a great deal. Brought a 100A alternator and just installed. Hopefully that will fix a problem. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back