Exhaust install how long

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav.22

Reaction score
How long does it take to put a exhaust on a zd30 ? And troubles I put one on a cruder and took 3 hrs out with the old in with the new and was pretty straight forward

took me 8 on a YD25. 6.5 hours and 4 layers of knuckle skin getting old exhaust and dump off..... easy enough to install.

its not rocket science. just a P.I.T.A area with no room to move at the dump.
i dont envy exhaust mobs who have todo this day in day out haha

Getting the dump pipe off takes the most time, not a lot of room and you have to get the studs to come out of the turbo, to get the dump pipe out from between the firewall and turbo.

I took someone else's advise from on here and started soaking the exhaust studs with wd40 for a few day in advance. It's a known fact that the tighter the nut the more wd40, ha ha, I can't remember how many hours mine took, but it was all in one day. I know I paused for a coffee a couple of times, every time I came upon a stuck nut I sprayed more wd40 and let it soak in,

Yeah have been soaking the bolt and nuts for about a week in wd so hopefully comes of easy might start this arv after work looks pretty simple

Hards it to get the studs out I'm fussing it's not just an easy bolt off bolt in job

No matter what you read or hear,
remember this.
Start at the front. becasue if 6.5 horus later You still havent got the dump off. at least you can drive it to work and try again next weekend!! :D

Spray the nuts with something to help loosen them off, WD40 springs to mind

Well I finished the exhaust was piss easy started at 430 and finished about halfa ago sounds mint to very happy with the out come no problems at all studs come out way easy then I thought

It's better to start the job thinking it's going to take awhile, than to be all gung-ho thinking you will be done in a hour

Yeah your not wrong some things iv read about snapped studs and Haveing to bash bits here and there I thought I'd wait till the weekend but I was getting to inpatient and couldn't wait any longer haha still have to take it for a decent drive but it seems to make a huge difference

Sorry d22 dave I got a 3 inch xforce straight through its a tad to loud thinking of putting in a high flow sports muffler has any body done this

Yeah I haven't go a car either adding a muffler would make it less loud but would it lose power as well because I noticed a huge difference driving once I changed over

I've got the X-force 3" with the straight through muffler, not too loud, unless I'm into it.
I wouldn't think it slows the flow and I wouldn't want it any louder.

Did the xforce you got have a muffler? Mine does and it isn't too loud unless I put the boot in and even then from inside the cab, the snorkel is louder... I'd give it a couple of weeks to get some carbon build up on the inside of the pipe before you decide if it needs a muffler. If it is drone you are worried about just get a hotdog put in. You won't lose any power from that as it just gets rid of resonance to stop droning...

Latest posts

Back