Monkey Gum Fire trail

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathand22

Reaction score
Updated with trip report and lots of pics on page 3, 4 & 5

SHORT NOTICE:

I will be doing a run through Monkey gum this Sunday.

If you are keen you will need

at least a lift and good tyres,
Bar work is a plus,
Your own Recovery gear,

I would also recommend that you have a good bit of experience or be super keen to give any track a go as Monkey Gum can get a tad hectic in a few spots and really isnt suitable for the faint hearted.

At this stage its just me going but im pretty sure Onemofo is also coming

If your keen let me know and i will post up a meeting area location.

Last edited:
Yo Nath at this stage should be ok. Hectic Saturday but as long as all goes well I'm in. (Kids birthday etc) I'll just play safe having no bash plate should be ok though. I'll bring a shovel coz if you guy received the rain we have it will probably be wet. Not to mention it's raining now.

Come on guys we may need done recovery help so a couple more would be handy it will be a bloody fun day behind the wheel.

Keep clearing mate, you are only allowed to store 100 after that no one can send you anymore

Have been wanting to do that track for a while.
I'm in the mountains all weekend so I'll miss it.
Any chance ppl want to hit it again in a few wks?

I'm assuming it can be a day trip if u hit it early enough.

Yeah mate you can do it in a day no probs.

Im sure it will come up again in the near future and especially once Onemofo gets a look he will be back for sure, its one of the best trails ive done and is very well suited to our type of 4x4's even though at times it may be close to there limits its got every thing you want from a day behind the wheel.

I'll keep clearing. Stupid messages!!
Looks to be wet Nath!! Makes things more interesting I think.
Any one else want to get involved? Be a good. Day out.

Yeah could be wet but we will see, definitely makes thing more interesting for sure so much so that im out installing my winch as we speak!! haha!! yeewwww!! are we there yet??? cant wait.

From the track report I just got through raff's mate it sounds like the storms have caused some havoc with allot of erosion!! Going to have to suss it out some more, but sounds like a challenging day ahead.

Yeah should be ok. no doubt the trail will see a few people tomorrow and they will cut new lines in for us, still dont think it will be a walk in the park (never is really) but we will give it a good go anyway.

are we there yet?? :rambo:

It looks hard at the best of times on you tube don't forget the highlift looks very deeply rutted in places and heaps of boulders to get around.

My winch is now in and working perfectly.. yeeewwww!!

Just got the latest track report from one of the local fellas that Raff knows.

"not much rain in the past two days so rivers have dropped to passable levels, just look out for 4x4 clubs, apparently 3 clubs will be down there."

Ok were on and Raff will be joining us.

so we have

- Onemofo - D22
- pbk or Raff - Hilux
- nathand22 - Ranger
- possible mate in another Hilux

It looks hard at the best of times on you tube don't forget the highlift looks very deeply rutted in places and heaps of boulders to get around.

Yeah its a great track John, every time ive done it i just want to turn around and do it again, the night runs through there are all time

there is room for one or maybe two more then we will have to cap it, it becomes a LOOOOONNG day with more then 5 cars.

Latest posts

Back