Queensland Navara Dodgy Mechanics Days

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NA_R33

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As I mentioned in the scenic rim thread, a car club I used to be involved in used to hold dodgy mechanic days. Basically we would all meet at a place to work on our cars. Those that new a bit would help out others that knew less about cars.

These days where to carry out general maintenance, modifications or gather information on future modification as well as hang out relax and sink a few beers. Now I'm willing to hold some of these at our shop at sumner park, we have ample parking, welders, break presses, guilotines, lathes air tools and forlifts/jacks, to conduct whatever may be desired to your vehicles, all of which I have some ability to use and help with.

I can also help with design and cad things for more technical projects, I personally get a real kick out of taking out there ideas, putting them to paper then 3d prototyping and then into production.

The workshop is currently available at nights although we may be starting a night shift soon, saturdays after 11 and sundays all day when I'm available.

This will be for things from as simple to servicing and bleeding brakes to more complicated projects.

At the moment I'm really just trying to guage interest and get an idea of preffered days and times.

Let me know what you think

Cheers

John:rock:

Definitely interested! If we can get some people who are handy with a welder we could even get a them plus somenextra people involved with knocking up some group projects... Like some sliders...

An i've a few ideas for some more armour for underneath my truck and i need to make a jerry-can caddy that can hold 4-6 can across tye front of my tray. Ive also got a few thoughts on a DIY pull out awning.

and i'm always keen to see what bits and pieces other people are DIY-ing.

And Id really love to know how to fully service (within reason) the truck myself.

So yeah, im keen as mustard for these days. I'd be available for the majority of saturdays and sundays all day until 5,

would poke my head in every now and then when I'm in town. will keep an eye on the thread to see whats doing.....

some underbody protection could be a good one if you have a press

Wow, generous offer John. Yep, I'm up for it. Tell you what, if we could design our own sliders/bash plates etc, for those of us interested it wouldn't be a huge expense would it? I'm just thinking out loud at a million miles an hour, :big_smile:

I'd be interested for sure. I'm not the most mechanically minded person so I get the idea of the mods but lack the confidence to attempt them myself.

Id definitely be interested in fabricating my own bash plates and diff protection and the processes and steps involved in developing a CAD mock up to the finished product. It could be filmed and uploaded for others to follow sort of a DIY channel to the forum??

would be happy to take my sliders off to use as a tempate if I can make it down one day when tnigns start up. I need to put on an extra gusset or two anyway

Ok so i reckon we should have one of these before the Landcruiser Park outing.... Ive got a replacement diff coming that I'll need a bash plate welded onto, and then fitted to the vehicle...

Josh I think we scared NA R33 off . Haven't heard from him since first post..

Just come around my place and I can weld if for you and chuck it in

Or we could Sikaflex coke cans on top .. lol

Last edited:
Hahahaha, havent scared me guys, sorry just been so unbelievably busy its not funny, work is killing me atm, I need an auto eject button!!

On a serious note, looks like there is a bit of interest, I'll book a saturday in, in the next few weeks?

I have a close friend of mine who is a qualified mechanic who could possibly talk us through a few things. I personally have worked as a mechanic and have enough knowledge to get me by. I have chatted to our leading young boiler maker who is keen to help with fabrication that is beyond me for a small fee.

I do have a press and pipe bender so bash plates and diff shields are no troubles. I'm keen as. I love working on cars mine or others and am about to start fabbing up sliders for my king cab as well as a body lift. I also have a few contacts so will be looking to get my sliders powder coated on the cheap and will keep all informed if I can. If there is enough demand I can make jigs for sliders and diff guards which we will be able to fab up at these days.

Costs if there are any will be right down, we purchase steel at a 60% discount due to the volume we use every month. Sounds like we could be onto a good thing. In the words of Big Kev, "I'm Excited!"

Had a quick look at the calender, how about we lock in saturday the 12th of march, we finish work on saturdays at 11a.m. if were working. This way if there is anything you guys want done that we cant do in a day we have sunday as well as the following weekend before you head to land cruiser park. I'll lock this in as a tentative and see how we go!

Cheers
John

sounds like a good plan to me! i don't have anything planned on that day, and i'll have my new diff by then, so I should be able to weld a bash plate onto it and thread and fit the elbow for the diff breather.

then it'll be a matter of finding the monies to get ARB to fit me a rear diff lock and then fit the unit to the vehicle for me.

then some sliders...

My weaponised Navara is starting to cost me some serious mulah!

sounds like a good plan to me! i don't have anything planned on that day, and i'll have my new diff by then, so I should be able to weld a bash plate onto it and thread and fit the elbow for the diff breather.

then it'll be a matter of finding the monies to get ARB to fit me a rear diff lock and then fit the unit to the vehicle for me.

then some sliders...

My weaponised Navara is starting to cost me some serious mulah!

Latest posts

Back