Air Con pollen filter- post 2012

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundowner2

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to locate and replace/clean the air con pollen filters on a 2012 and later D40?....the instrument panel diagram drawing taken from my workshop manual is quite different to my 2102 model so it appears as if the dash assembly may have changed from the 2005 on models, mine is a Thailand made version, any help appreciated.

Open the glove box, at the top (more like where it pivots or slides) pull both sides in towards your storage and it will drop down further. The panel is behind the rectangle on the left. Maybe undo a nut or bolt, cant remember

2010 model opens from the top . There is a good vid on youtube , but once you get the glove box fully open you will see it. Looks harder than it is to do , just remember opens from the top

Thanks all...and thanks Old Tony, I saw your write up but the photos looks very different to my model...I'll have another look tomorrow.
Do you, or anyone know if the filters are cleanable or do you gotta chuck them?
Thanks

can be cleaned i believe , I ordered new ones from western filters online delivered next day .

Thanks to all who responded...I have now completed the job and as the 2012 on D40 air-conditioners are quite different to previous models I took some photos to post here. The filters are accessed by opening the lower glovebox and if the lids sides are squeezed in slightly it will drop down further, the cover can been seen slightly to the left, it is hinged to the bottom and held shut with clips molded into the cover top, there are no screws. If the filters are in acceptable condition, i.e. no holes, they can be cleaned and reused. It does need to be remembered that if they are to be reused they need to be cleaned properly, air conditioning filters are notorious for harbouring bacterial germs, ie Legionnaires. I used a mild solution of household bleach and warm water and scrubbed them gently with a toothbrush, I ensured they were completely dry before refitting. Note the direction of the air-flow arrows printed on the ends too.
And Happy Christmas to everyone too.

Attachments

• 1 Filter housing..jpg
    1 Filter housing..jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 2 Filters insitu.jpg
    2 Filters insitu.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 3 Filter view.jpg
    3 Filter view.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 4 Closing cover.jpg
    4 Closing cover.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 185
Yes it does Tony...I'm not sure what changes have been made to the later air-cons, the filters look interchangeable but I guess they wouldn't have to be much different to not fit. For all I know the whole unit could have been changed..another possibility is there might be a difference between a Thai and Spanish model.

Latest posts

Back