headlight bulbs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without the appropriate reflectors or lenses, you're not only wasting light, but you're causing glare to oncoming drivers. If you blind someone driving whatever tonnage at whatever speed straight at you ... yep, that's a problem!

HID works if it's lensed. LED is similar. It's because the actual light emission isn't happening in the locus of the lens behind it. This causes the light to not be reflected straight forward, but to scatter. Lenses restrict and focus the light forward.

If you've any doubt, have someone drive your car toward you at night. Are you annoyed by the light? Can you see the road in front of you or are the lights dazzling your vision? That's the best test.

However, properly managed LED/HID lights are excellent.

yes its hard to beat the Phillips 130 globes, nice and bright and if you want brighter night vision , fit a set of spots or a LED bar.

Hmmmmm maybe you got a dud globe oldtony?
ive got the IPF fatboy2 globes in 3 different vehicles
We compared them to the Philips and Narva highest output globes and the IPFs were significantly brighter
Had them for a few years now and never had one blow
I live on crappy rough dirt roads too, lots of night driving

ARB USA brochure
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...KLcPr2b3BjSAbdgcQ&sig2=tGoRe97IwJm4QytH_pDVig

Ebay link
http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/IPF-Haloge...80w-32X24-Japan-1000-/272052165926?nav=SEARCH

Both of mine blew, and while they were brighter I wasn't going to fork another $160 to have a 100W low beam that lasted 6 months.

It wasn't the installation method - the globes were never touched at all, handled the entire time by the base (which isn't easy with the battery in the way but hey, it was $160 I'd spent ...). One lasted about 6 months and I put the original back in, then the other went at about 12-odd months. Philips to the rescue, a couple of years ago now, and no drama since then.

As someone else pointed out, for extra light at night driving lights are worth it. I have in total 560W of forward lights (not including parkers). I changed the H3 globes in my IPF halogen driving lights from 100W to 130W using cheap Supercheap globes and they've actually been superb. I have a 120W light bar and two 40W light bars as well. There's not a lot that I can miss when I turn it all on!

I guess with globes, like batteries, there's a bit of the luck of the draw involved, maybe you'll get a pearler, maybe a dud

The Hella LED light bars, which are made by Rigid Industries in the USA are awesome bits of kit
Really nice colour tone and super reliable units unlike the cheap ebay china specials

Latest posts

Back