QD32 power mods

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camritch

Reaction score
Hi, i have a 1999 QD32 Navara, and over its rough life as a farm ute, its lost some of the power it had in its prime. I was wondering if there are anythings that a capable 16yr old such as myself could do to give it more grunt so it can tow its 2 ton feeder easier and cruise a bit faster. Have a limited budget and limited access to tools. Thanks!

hey mate, a couple of quick and cheap power mods, i would start with a snorkel and an 80 series air box and then if you can afford it a bigger exhaust. don't expect to much but you can feel the differance

Howdy...

I just moved house and threw out a rusty set of qd32 extractors that proberly would have been perfect for you.

ideally you want to get a complete turbo setup from a wrecked terrano, td27 motor, the turbo setup will bolt on if you get all the right parts...sometimes you can pick this kit up pretty darn cheap, so just keep an eye on gumtree for terrano parts.

Keeping it simple, as above upgrade the air filter, the 80 series airbox will fit with a bit of love and attention. if you dont have the tools to do this, replace you factory filter, make sure its clean and not full of crap.

Change your fuel filter.
Clean you "guaze?" fuel filter, its a **** of a thing located inside the banjo bolt that feeds fuel to the fuel pump.

You may be able to get away with increasing the fueling, this will allways increase HP, but its best done with a EGT guadge installed so you can monitor and adjust as your making the cylinders run hotter.

with the old qd, make sure the accelerator cables adjusted correctly, when i got mine it was verry sloppy and was not getting to full acceleration on the pump. this is easily adjusted.

Howdy...

I just moved house and threw out a rusty set of qd32 extractors that proberly would have been perfect for you.

ideally you want to get a complete turbo setup from a wrecked terrano, td27 motor, the turbo setup will bolt on if you get all the right parts...sometimes you can pick this kit up pretty darn cheap, so just keep an eye on gumtree for terrano parts.

Keeping it simple, as above upgrade the air filter, the 80 series airbox will fit with a bit of love and attention. if you dont have the tools to do this, replace you factory filter, make sure its clean and not full of crap.

Change your fuel filter.
Clean you "guaze?" fuel filter, its a **** of a thing located inside the banjo bolt that feeds fuel to the fuel pump.

You may be able to get away with increasing the fueling, this will allways increase HP, but its best done with a EGT guadge installed so you can monitor and adjust as your making the cylinders run hotter.

with the old qd, make sure the accelerator cables adjusted correctly, when i got mine it was verry sloppy and was not getting to full acceleration on the pump. this is easily adjusted.

Hi, is there any specific type of 80 Series airbox? my local wrecker has a plastic airflow meter and an ally one. Thanks

Best to get a picture from the wreckers and compare it to the various photos posted on the 80's series airbox threads. You can also fit a 75 series as well.
Cheers

Howdy...

Change your fuel filter.

Hi,

sorry to jump in like this but i also have an QD32 but build year 2011.
How do i check if the accelerator cables are adjusted correctly??

Latest posts

Back