OME 2" lift with ARB deluxe bulbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave96

Reaction score
Hey guys, just after some opinions from anyone that has a D40 with this combination, i already have the bulbar installed and i am looking at upgrading the suspension. Any photos of this setup would be appreciated. Thanks!

Id be giving John at ZORDOS a call mate,
Much better product and a hell of alot cheaper

Large majority of people on here run his gear

OME susp and arb bullbar

Currently running an 07 d40 stx with this combo.
Old man emu shocks and springs were installed just over 2 years/60,000k ago. Vehicle has been used as work truck with 500kg+ on board daily, 50/50 rough dirt roads and semi decent bitumen as live and work in rural SA area.
Shockers still feel as new, no bounce, squeaks or rattles.
Most 4wders I know have OME not a single issue or complaint.
Don't forget OME is designed engineered and manufactured in Australia, from Australian produced steel.
Tough dog, efs and ironman etc made in China and Brazil.
Do we still want quality gear made in Oz into the future?

How much can you actually get out of a "2 Inch Lift"

I went to ARB today asking about OME Suspension and the bloke told me that on the D40 they can only get 20-30mm front and 40mm max at the rear.

Can anyone confirm this?

He quoted me between $2000 to $2500 ballpark
Its quite a lot for small amount of clearance.

Zgday

Interesting timing bringing this up actually. My ome rear end medium rated springs were picked up as inverted by my mechanic a couple of weeks ago. I went straight to the shop I bought them and they argued that's how they sit. I said no they don't as I installed them and hadn't really paid attention until my lights started pointing higher. They are just inside the three year warranty. Went to two other 4wd shops in town and they said they are inverted. Called arb Brisbane and they said the springs have to be taken out and measured upside down against original heights to verify claim. So they are currently sitting down the side of my house and I have tough dogs in which I am currently very happy with. I don't carry more than say 200 constant and even the arb rep said that wouldn't be enough to cause them to invert. Besides that I have had no problems with the arb rear suspension. Still got the ome shocks in as nothing wrong with them.

How much can you actually get out of a "2 Inch Lift"

I went to ARB today asking about OME Suspension and the bloke told me that on the D40 they can only get 20-30mm front and 40mm max at the rear.

Can anyone confirm this?

He quoted me between $2000 to $2500 ballpark
Its quite a lot for small amount of clearance.

Yeah sounds about right for the front. Rear lift is closer to 50-60 mm though, particularly if you get 300kg-GVM springs.

If you want to get a true 50 mm lift for the front you'll need to get adjustable upper control arms. Performance suspension racing make them for around $700.

Lifting Navara's is a pain in the ass. And an expensive one too, particularly if you want to play with Ranger's and Hilux's in the clearance stakes.

Last edited:
Dude theyre not inverted OME springs look really flat in d40s, people are telling you sh*t they know nothing about
Ive got a mazda bravo also with OME suspension all round and the springs are much more bendy looking. Its just the way theyre shaped for d40s
Ive had OME fitted on fully laden work d40 for 3 years now on crap roads.
Havent rouched anything other than to grease the shackles

Mate if flat equals curving upside down then in that instance they were flat.

Yeah I agree with vigilante about the rear height. They settle a little which is why they recommend remeasuring after 500kms but all up that was what the rears gave me too. I have radflo and eibachs in the front and they haven't budged since install so can't comment on ome fronts

Latest posts

Back