D40 Front Wheel Bearings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cancel that they were to suit spain built. They are different, the 15mm offset difference is in the hubs, other than that they bolt up the same. Apparently noone makes aftermarket kits for the thai builts unless someone can point me in the right direction. I also got a price of around 160 bucks ea for the spain built hub assembly from allied bearings and tools. Ill be pulling my hub apart in the next day or 2 to see if i can do it cheaper. Ill keep everyone up to date

found some time this arvo to try and pull the hub assembly apart with no avail. god knows how they build the things if you can pull them apart. first we tried it on a 5t bench press and couldnt get it to budge, with pressure on it we gave it a few knocks, some heat and some innox and nothing so i went down to another workshop i know of that have a 60t press. with 20t on it we got nothing, even with heat from an oxy so we gave it a few short bursts of 60t and still didnt get it to move, only thing we achieved was bending the shit out of it. hopefully ill be able to up load some pics tonight. tomorow we will be cutting it in half to find whats stopping it from coming apart

stay tuned

Maybe its welded together to stop tampering with the ABS code ring??

Actually it could be a non-accessible circlip. Interested to see the pics of the cutaway.

Last edited:
yea at the moment iv only got pics of it bent and burnt but ill take some tomorow when i cut it open to find out whats in there. it just doesnt make sense. they had to assemble it somehow. surely 60tonne of force should break anything stopping it

So did any of you guys actually replace a wheel bearing at home? Just picked my spain built STX from bridgestone because i thought it was a wheel alignment issue, but they told me my front right wheel bearing is shot. Maybe one of the sealed units off ebay is the easiest way to go?

oh and some zip ties.
remove wheel
remove break caliper zip tie it to your control arm
remove split pin
32mm socket undo hubnut
4 bolts holding the assembly remove them
remove sealed hub assemly, work backwards.

try breaking the hubnut/big bolt on the cv before you jack the car up, if there anything like mine i had to use oxy to get them off and a 2m pole.

Last edited:
Might get a 32mm impact socket then... Thats a huge effort. Might be the same size socket i need to change my transfer case seal.

just did another wheel bearing today had a 2 1/2m pole on the end of breaker bar to get the nut off. and make sure you clean the spline.
also dont strip the nut cause its a funny thread pitch

Last edited:
just did another wheel bearing today had a 2 1/2m pole on the end of breaker bar to get the nut off. and make sure you clean the spline.
also dont strip the nut cause its a funny thread pitch

Mate where r u getting your bearings from ?

Cheers Jeff

Mate where r u getting your bearings from ?

Cheers Jeff

you cant buy just bearings its a sealed hub assembly have a look a round you can get em for $150 from some places, repco have them for sure for about $250 a side if you need them straight away.

Replaced mine yesterday in an hour. Check the price differences -

Nissan - $1250
REPCO - $295
Allied Bearings - $175.

My battery powered impact driver made easy work of the 32mm nut on the cv. Was pleasantly surprised. Trying to get the clip apart for the ABS sensor took the longest (gave up and used the original) and trying to get the bolts to line up properly back into the hub assembly. Was a lot easier once i straightened the wheels!

read this last week and had one go friday afternoon in the middle of nowhere, repco part no is rhw6100.

How'd yous go with the allied bearings going to do both front as they have play. What torque is the 32mm wheel bearing but? Spanish cheers.

Been looking for good quality hub assemblies in oz.
Timken and GMB make em in USA and Japan.
All i can find here via ebay, bursons repco etc are unbranded chinese.
Anyone know where to get Timken or GMB?
Cheers

Front Wheel Bearings

Good Morning, A suggestion,
Take your Stuffed bearings and visit "Australian Bearing Service" and buy a set
of their inhouse brand, I paid $150.00 per side for a "Ford 5 Ton Truck, and they are still going strong, They were made in Taiwan, of better metal then China could
ever produce in a fit, and I'll bet a "Bee's Bum to a Bulls Tit" that Nissan buy their
crap from China to make a bigger Profit Margin through us, while Taiwan produce
some very long wearing Tool Steel, why do you think that China is trying to take
over Taiwan once again, they are far better Engineers and "Metal Urgests", and
take great pride in what they make and sell, and that would include the Bearings
as well!
To give you a second example,
Go to your local Nissan Dealer and price a set of "Door Hinge Pins and bushes", then instead of selling your home to afford them, go onto "Evilbay" and buy a full set for $11.50 post free, and check out the
quality in them, I have, and I am very pleased with myself!
Thick about it!

highway man.:deadhorse:

Last edited:
Just a heads up guys, from alot of research online esp the boys in qld.

ONLY use genuine bearings.
Second hand from a wrecker where ever you can get them.

One chap I know has gone through 3 sets of 'other branded' bearings in 12 months. Second hand genuine has lasted 3 years now.

Each to their own, that's just one example I have many more if you don't believe me check out Australian d40 page on Facebook

Latest posts

Back