How much oil does your catch can catch?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, i might have been exaggerating, maybe 10-20 ml so far after 70km.
I did just do an oil flush and filled up with penrite 15/50 diesel oil. Prior couple oil changes were castrol magnatech in the same weight. Before that was always mostly the penrite, sometimes castrol. I think way back in the warranty days the stealership was using castrol.
2 oil changes back i let it go too long and the oil was alarmingly low - and black. Could this have hurt much? Its the only time ive ever lost track, i usually change the oil every 5 - 10k and before it gets dirty.
Anywas so i've changed the oil and filters twice in 2000k since that, yesterdays effort included a flush as i mentioned. Maybe that first bit of oil in the catch can was the residual thinned-out flush solution getting blown out.

I'll be keeping a close eye on blow-by amount now i have an effective way of sighting it (coke bottle, LOL) and will post up how many k's it takes before it fills up.

I would be very keen to hear how much oil blow by everyone else is getting too.

Last edited:
A bloke I know with an 05 was getting about a half cup every 1500kms. He had done 200k and the motor was stock and untouched. Penrite is bloody good oil I always change every 5k. The d21 was as new at 520k with only that oil used, doubt the yd will do the same.

I have 2013 yd25 with 100000 ks on it had catchcan in for 10000 ks just get a film of oil on outside of metal filter in it,mounted just near fuel pump.

I get very little oil in the catch can, YD25 with 45000ks, mostly 100k driving. I empty it every 20000ks or so and usually get about 25 to 50ml or so. I do however know that it's working very well because I changed the catch can hoses recently, sliced open the catch-can-inlet hose and it was full of oil inside, sliced open the outlet hose and it had no oil.

3L V6 diesel 115K hp diesel catch can full after 10000K I've read the harder the engine revs the more it will catch

So my catch can is rubbish?simply because it isn't a pro vent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back