my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how to break a cv

how to not break a cv. Never looks as steep/gnarly on video

some bush mechanics
P5090033.jpg

P5090034.jpg

yeah that one had survived two or three breaking on the other side, and ill usualy keep driving with just the one cv working so id say it was just a build up of stress. 2nd one went with a heap of revs haha

how hard was it to change the CV on the track?
and what did the low gears cost? she crawls so slow.

ah wasnt too hard...just more awkward then normal, dirt and gravel everywhere, shock bolt wasnt playing nice. i wouldnt do it if it was ur 1st one....
gears cost 1400 i think. theyll be up for sale soon.

good work bro wid all ya extras and hard work, I really want a body lift of 50 mm. how much were they and were they easy to fit and where did u go for the sliders!
Awesome man.
J

good work bro wid all ya extras and hard work, I really want a body lift of 50 mm. how much were they and were they easy to fit and where did u go for the sliders!
Awesome man.
J

Cheers mate, pm zordo on here and hell sort you out with the body lift, couple hundred, easy as to do. Sliders i made myself.

Hahah i think the 3 hand grenade stickers on the car will do me for now

Not long now!
Picked up the gearbox today(fingers crossed the bellhousings match up) and steering box. got both cheaper then i had planned on.

Also bought a 250amp mig welder, drill press and 20t floor press. Hopefully order bender and notcher tomorrow off opw. Cant wait to start cutting this thing up.

Also got some more cvs today. last pair i buy. At least the price went down each time. $160 now. and i have some proto types to try out that use patrol/landcruiser cvs. If i cant break them then no1 else should be able to.:big_smile:

well im not just doing a sas so cant really give you an accurate cost. but if you got someone else to do it for you ur prob lookin at 5grand plus parts...for just the front diff swaped, not the gearbox/transfer and rear diff.

about 10 grand? tell me if it is worth it when u finished, or is just the front air locker worth it? gettin front and back diffs locked booked in with ARB in Perth to have it done in 2 months, and some muddies. 35s haha

depends what you wana drive man. Im only doing it cos i keep breaking shit driving the tracks i want to drive. Im going to see if i can make the nav transfer case chain stronger before i onsell it. Assume ur getting an auto front locker?

ring a 4x4 engineering place if you want a quote, hard to tell you cos im doing it all myself.

bought some new gear
P5310042.jpg

P5310043.jpg

P5310044.jpg

P5310046.jpg

got a mig welder to, was an expensive day.

I got a drill press but am jealous about your hydrolic press. Have been wanting one for a while in my workshop.

A mig is another thing I'd like.

There will be no stopping you Josh.

Ahhhh, a GU gearbox and transfer arent they fun to pick up not.

Heavy pricks they are.

What else are waiting on Josh ?

I have a GU manual here if you want a copy. Got a Navara one to but that probably wont help as there wont be much Navara parts left in this thing.

Dave.

I got a drill press but am jealous about your hydrolic press. Have been wanting one for a while in my workshop.

A mig is another thing I'd like.

There will be no stopping you Josh.

I hope not, once i start i want to have as few a moments of damn now i gota go buy that, as posible. A lathe and mill would be really nice :big_smile:

looks great man i like it. what did they sting ya for exhaust. how much difference did it make.
cheers mate, ah bout 1100 i think, massive difference.

Ahhhh, a GU gearbox and transfer arent they fun to pick up not.

Heavy pricks they are.

What else are waiting on Josh ?

I have a GU manual here if you want a copy. Got a Navara one to but that probably wont help as there wont be much Navara parts left in this thing.

Dave.

Thats what the engine hoist is for :big_smile:
still have to order/buy
tyres
lockers
diff gears
reduction gears
coilovers
diff bracing
patrol longer lower control arms
patrol standard lower control arms
patrol steering links
rims
beadlocks
bender
notcher
intercooler
prob some other stuff i cant think of atm.

Latest posts

Back