Compressor Test: ARB vs Tigerz11 Thumper compressor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread should be a sticky, then we can keep doing the test as new arrivals come onto the scene

The best thing is its going to be real world testers, I like all the 4x4 mags but who knows, If a guy on an average wage gets some good branded gear from any of the big suppliers it might be swaying the decisions a little bit.
I will try to jump in soon with a test on my two different branded compressors .
My one worry with the cheapo/new to the market ones is because of real world experience...
With my tyres dropped to 12 psi after a good weekend(real soft beach driving) away we got back to the blacktop, I hooked up the compressor and pumped up both left tyres to 38 psi without any problems, I hooked the compressor up to the front driver sides tyre and went off to have a chat, when I checked on it, the bloody thing had dropped to 6psi as something in the compressor had failed, not too sure what it was but Im guessing a seal etc. Anyway I limped back to a servo that wasn't far away to sort it out.
All good , but what if I was really remote, I would have needed to put on the spare wheel and I would have been stuck with one wheel at 12psi on the back. Anyway, long story short, I now have a spare compressor just in case my main one fails,(again).

Latest posts

Back