Cooper AT3 tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Trev

Reaction score
I put a set of Cooper AT3's on my Ranger (towning an A'Van) before a 3 month trip, we did 18,000 kilomtres on them of that we did about 1400 kilometres on dirt and they are well over 50% worn, they have 6mm of tread left. That equates to about 92% on-road and 8% off-road, yet Cooper say they are good for 70/30%, what a crock of ****!!!!

These are the worst wearing tyres I have ever bought, I will never ever again buy these. At $320 per tyre, the pain is not good

And before you get stuck into me, I am anal about tyre pressures, tyre rotation, correct tyre pressures for the environment.

Last edited:
Were they LT's? Even if they weren't that is pretty shit. Tried a warranty claim?

I hate cooper tyres - but others get a good run from them. I don't understand how two of the same trucks can get two entirely different results - but there you go!

I put 265/75/16 LT AT3's on the wifes Pajero a few months back & so far they show no signs of wear.

Will see how they go because I plan on replacing my original tyres when they wear out, with exactly the same as hers.

Cooper copied the yokohama geolandar ats tread, yokohama offers better earranty for damage and are cheaper.

The good old trusty Coopers tires

Cape trip 2012 the group I went with had a vast range of tires. No-one had the same set.

BFG AT KO
BFG MT
COOPER AT either were st or just atr
Federal Couragia MT
Toyo open country MT

BFG AT were destroyed, cooper were rubbish, BFG MT were pretty good, federal are still good as that's what I had on, Toyota out performed them all. Toyo were the most expensive of the bunch at a whopping $440 corner with great tread design. Feds were the cheapest again $240 corner.

I was surprised the difference of quality etc. Shows you that you don't have to spend big money for tires that last. If I were running MT all the time I'd probably go a set of mickey t or the Toyo MT as they were great offroad and not real noises onroad. Feds were superb on the rough stuff but noises onroad

I have the cooper at3 and have had them on for about 30k now, still look new. I live in western qld with the shittiest pot holed roads, plenty of dirt and graded roads, and do quiet a bit of beach work when I can. Only issue was a flat from a nail which I ran over. Had it repaired and no issues since. Might have been a bad set if that's even possible but like I said, haven't had an issue with mine.

I had coopers on a d22 and they were the worst tyres I had,getting only 32000km. Bfgs a/t were the best wearing getting 62000km but the best value for money were Bridgestone duellers getting 53000km they worked out the cheapest per km

i did 75000km on my coopers and still had about 45-50% left on them before i traded in my old car for d40. you need to rotate and balance them every year or 10-20k km i forgot now.
but no issues for 5years i had on that tire. did alot of dirt road, sand and bitument. not to mention sydney to perth few times as well.
i would say take it back and get warranty done. they are pretty good with warranties. mate of mine blew tire on front left. and they replaced both front set for him.

I put a set of Cooper AT3's on my Ranger (towning an A'Van) before a 3 month trip, we did 18,000 kilomtres on them of that we did about 1400 kilometres on dirt and they are well over 50% worn, they have 6mm of tread left. That equates to about 92% on-road and 8% off-road, yet Cooper say they are good for 70/30%, what a crock of ****!!!!

These are the worst wearing tyres I have ever bought, I will never ever again buy these. At $320 per tyre, the pain is not good

And before you get stuck into me, I am anal about tyre pressures, tyre rotation, correct tyre pressures for the environment.

Big Trev...any pics ?

I've gotta say I'm pretty happy with my Cooper LT AT/3's! Had them on for about 10,000km and they still look new! They've done about 50/50 on and off road. Off road has been about 50% sand, 25% mud, 25% rock.

Followed a mate with Federal Couragia MT's through the high country and kept up... without the road noise on the black stuff!

Once I get a lift kit BFG MT's will be on the shopping list, however for now the Coopers have been great!

There's always a bad story or two but we ran coopers for 10 years on at least 5 different vehicles and always got 50k plus. That's 80% dirt/farm/off road. The last set we have is st maxx and they are just wearing amazing. We have no idea how many km they have done as they were on a different ute for 35k or so.
In saying that I have a wholesale tyre acc so now I'm running maxxis 764 bighorns for lunch money.

I have also just had the AT3's fitted a month ago, too early to tell but after talking to a few different tyre mobs, I went with the coopers over the BFG. Seriously hope they last longer than yours Big Trev, considering their selling point is longevity!

We've got cooper at3's on our '06 pajero 265/65/17.
They perform alright but are noisier than the bighorns on my Terrano ??
Going to trade them in soon so I can change up a size.

I have a set of AT3's and have done 30,000kms and they look barely run in.... and to be honest I do burn outs and get sideways down most gravel roads - not really on tarmac but I drive pretty hard on them.

Gotta make sure you get the LT construction...

I had these fitted to a spare set of rims yesterday. BFG 265/75R16. I bought 5 and got them for $260 a piece.

WP_20140611_012_zps140ac0d2.jpg

Go try and get warranty on them that's is bullshit fast wear on them, I have st maxx coopers on mine and have done 35 on them they have warn a bit like 6 mm from New but nothing close to what you have warn with yours. I should get the same out of the coopers as I did out of the bfgs but have way more traction with the coopers.

Latest posts

Back