interesting boat trailer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy john

Reaction score
When it goes wrong

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 431
thats insurance policy with many boat insurance companies. i have my boat insured with Club Marine and if my vehicle should break down whilst towing my boat , the insurance will cover free towing of my boat / trailer.

That's a pic from 2 years ago at the Pine River boat ramp. I did miss the chance to snap a pic of an elderly gents electric scooter being winched onto the back of a tow truck after it's batteries went flat. That was a most unusual sight.

Not surprising to see the entire thing being towed. On another forum I was reading where they insist on flat-bedding a certain make of caravan and that the truck needs air bag suspension AND the van has to be towed facing forwards - apparently one had lost its roof by being towed backwards at 100km/h. I can't imagine that a cabin boat would have less problems!

True when you think about it Tony, the van was never designed to be towed backwards@100 kph. Getting off the topic if you were to break down with the van in tow would two trucks come to your aid or would the tug go on the truck and it tow the van?. It's something I've never thought about when we had the van and upped the RACQ cover....

There's an awful lot people don't think about when they set out on their early towing experiences, like how to reverse with a trailer, what to expect when descending a steep hill, what happens when you overload the front of a heavy trailer and try to brake on a dirt road ... or what you might need to pay for when things go pear-shaped and the tug breaks down when you're away from the big city. It's all a learning exercise!

True when you think about it Tony, the van was never designed to be towed backwards@100 kph. Getting off the topic if you were to break down with the van in tow would two trucks come to your aid or would the tug go on the truck and it tow the van?. It's something I've never thought about when we had the van and upped the RACQ cover....

To dig up an old comment - my old land rover died in the Flinders ranges with the camper in tow.
The Landy went on the tilt, and they towed the camper.
NRMA picked up the $3k recovery costs

To dig up an old comment - my old land rover died in the Flinders ranges with the camper in tow.
The Landy went on the tilt, and they towed the camper.
NRMA picked up the $3k recovery costs

Yep I've got the same cover now mainly for the work trailer. Loaded with everything it's worth 25k, no way would I leave that on the side of the road.

Latest posts

Back