Mounting tinnie on roof and winch loader

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottm

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just inherited a tinnie that is 3700mm x 1405mm so very excited about taking it for a spin. Just trying to work out how to roof mount it. I have currently have rhino heavy duty rails on the cab which ultimately I'd like to have a basket on and then the boat sitting on top of that. I also have a canopy on the back so I guess I'll need to get the internal support struts installed with the racks that attach and come out on the top. Then the boat would sit on both sets of racks.

I'm wondering what other people have done to have their tinnie sit place? Custom brackets?

Has anybody used their winch to pull it up on top? Made / purchased rollers to assist it getting on?

Any suggestions or ideas welcome!

Thanks!

-scott

Hi all,

Just inherited a tinnie that is 3700mm x 1405mm so very excited about taking it for a spin. Just trying to work out how to roof mount it. I have currently have rhino heavy duty rails on the cab which ultimately I'd like to have a basket on and then the boat sitting on top of that. I also have a canopy on the back so I guess I'll need to get the internal support struts installed with the racks that attach and come out on the top. Then the boat would sit on both sets of racks.

I'm wondering what other people have done to have their tinnie sit place? Custom brackets?

Has anybody used their winch to pull it up on top? Made / purchased rollers to assist it getting on?

Any suggestions or ideas welcome!

Thanks!

-scott

I like the idea of using your winch up and over the roof to load the tinnie. A lot to think about as in a front roller to clear the bullbar, after that it's just a roller or two on the frame on the roof. Keep us informed of what you come up with

A winch sounds like a neat idea. I wonder if you could adapt that to something that's already been established like this. Use dyneema rope and you've got a third use for your winch (apart from vehicle recovery and stump pulling).

Latest posts

Back