How's everyones NP300s going

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyron

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Havant been on here since I got the new ute, just curious how everyone NP300's going? Not looking to buy or anything, it was just something i considered when i upgraded.

cheers,
ty

I think every ute out there is very suited to particular needs. They all have their issues and problems but also have their unique advantages. For me, the NP300 was the best in the market, I bought mine in June 2015 and it does a great job but it is not a perfect all rounder, just suits my needs very well.
My recommendation, when the time comes to upgrade, look at exactly what you want from a ute and try all of them out there and decide from that.

I think every ute out there is very suited to particular needs. They all have their issues and problems but also have their unique advantages. For me, the NP300 was the best in the market, I bought mine in June 2015 and it does a great job but it is not a perfect all rounder, just suits my needs very well.
My recommendation, when the time comes to upgrade, look at exactly what you want from a ute and try all of them out there and decide from that.

Yeah I upgraded late last year, first one I looked at was the NP300, just was not for me. They are a new model, im genuinly interested on how people are finding them. Especially the people that have upgraded from other navaras.

Starting to see some modded ones out there, they look decent!

I would have prefered a VW Amarok, but the dealer wouldnt talk price with me. Next on the list was the NP300 with a close second.

For overall comfort the NP300 beat the Amarok for me, but I found the Amarok more dynamic and I liked the idea of the 8sp auto.

Looking back, If I had my time again, I would have seen more dealers about the Amarok as the steering of the NP300 really annoys me..

on the upside, I hear the Amarok,s have Diffs made of Plasticine and VW are very insistent on NOT covering them.

$13K was some of the pricing I've seen posted for replacements ones from VW.. There are a few guys with outstanding Consumer Protection investigations into the VW warranty (or lack thereof)

Plus I feel these SMALL DISPLACEMENT twin charged engines are too highly stressed. Maybe some more displacement would be nicer (3L)

Having said that, Nissan aren't the best with Warrantly either (Timing Chain issue!)

Yeah I went a runout BT50, I wanted the bigger engine and easily modded off road ability after coming from a D40 (which was ok but limiting). I was not happy with pricing of the NP300 it felt like in a lot of ways I was paying more for less when compaing ST for ST. At the time I could spend 7k more for a fully ARB decked out BT. I prefered the drive of the ranger/BT, Colorado was second but everything else about it seemed sub quality. . Personally did not consider the Amarok, some brands i just steer clear of.

Loving mine. Only done a tad over 4000k's so far. About 1000 of those towing my van, 2.7t.
Touch wood, I've been lucky and have had no issues at all. Got everything done to it that I what done for now and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

973443c4317358f58497378d1bce305b.jpg

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Have done 10,000klms now in my STX and am quite happy with it. Have got used to the "average steering "of the NP300. A noisy engine when under load is probably the most annoying thing for me about this car. I expected it to be much quieter . I have tried to beat this by adding dynamat insulation under the bonnet and it has made it a little quieter but still not great. At 100 kph it is very quiet though! I found the acceleration just as good as the Ford ranger but the steering "feel" , well below the Ford. Auto transmission is so smooth with the seven speed box.
Comfort is great, especially with the heated seats in winter. Economy has been good from new but now seems to be using more in the last couple of thousand kilometres. Calculated at the pump around 8.2 ltr per 100 initially and now 8.8 for same road travel. All open road/country driving . Ride on the highway is good but on rough roads the navara becomes a little harsh ,feeling every pothole and patch in the road. Maybe due to the 18" wheels guessing then the ST model with 17" wheels and higher walled tyres might be a smoother ride.
Nothing has fallen off or broken so far as the build quality seems quite good. Sometimes though, I am not sure if I bought the right color (gold) ,as on some days (sunny) it looks great and on others (rainy) it looks terrible.
At the end of the day I would have to say the NP300 is one of the better dual cab utes for 2016.
Martin

I'm jealous that you got a good one lol.
Mine is the gold colour STX as well. I should have got the ST. Much better ride.
NP300 owners have issues with the steering, no outside temp etc., but that fades into insignificance when you have the vibration problem at around 100kph that mine has.

I haven't got an issue with the steering on the NP300 but plenty of people on forums complain that it's not as precise as other 4wd utes.

They better get used to it as Electric with Hydraulic is here to stay
I didnt like it on the test drive either , but after driving it home over 1000k , by the time I got home I was used to it

Marty

Latest posts

Back