New to The Navara world!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRP

Reaction score
Hey all!
Just joined up, been around the 4WD world since i fist got my L's and have been loving it ever since. Until now i've been driving a GQ Patrol. However last night i was very happy to have paid the deposit on a brand new D40 ST :redcool: Should have it in a week or so. After having the demo for 24hrs i fell in love with it hey! So i cant wait!

Heres a quick snap of my patrol and a link to my build up (22 Pages) on PATROL4X4.com for anyone that is interested more.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/members-nissan-patrols-19/nissan-kids-gq-build-30716/

dfd67b47.jpg

Cheers Matt

Welcome to the Nav forum Matt, GQ looks very tidy mate.
What colour Nav have you ordered? and do you have any plans for it yet?

Welcome to the Nav forum Matt, GQ looks very tidy mate.
What colour Nav have you ordered? and do you have any plans for it yet?
Thanks mate, Yeah ill be very sad to see it go!

Have an Arctic white one on the way :) Yeah nothing too crazy to start with I want a little bit more of a sedate car to drive for work and play. So just start with a Sahara Bar maybe a rear bar instead of buying a tow bar. Then just some tyres. I look forward to doing a build up! Got a few bits and bobs to change from the GQ to the Nav befor it goes so yeah!

Can i suggest having a look at the TJM bullbar, i wish i had put one on my white 2012 ST.
The reason being is that they sit allot closer to the grille then my ARB bar and obviously improves approach angles, I find that the ARB one sticks out a little too far and have hit the mounts a few times on rock steps ect.
One of the other members "Big Zetor" who also has a white ST has fitted one, if you want to see some pics look at his garage.
You will also find the Radiator is very vulnerable so bash plates are a must for these things if you do want to use it off road like i suspect you will, they will get a work out with the low chassis height on the D40.
The traction control has improved their capabilities over the older ones dramatically, its not the most refined system but it works fairly well if you keep at it for a few seconds and give it a chance to do its thing.

Latest posts

Back