ARB Alice Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomisbear

Reaction score
I recently booked the Nav in to have a commercial bulbar, side steps and brush rails fitted.

1 month later the call came through and all the goodies arrived, the staff member told me they would need the car from 8 am until about 2 pm. so we took the 500km trip into Alice to have everything fitted.

We dropped the Nav off at 8 am at which time another staff member told me they would need it until 4pm and that they couldn't do everything by 2 pm. Well, wasn't he right about that.

3:45 pm comes around, and I get another phone call. " I am sorry that I cant call under better circumstances... but we are not finished with your car yet.. bla bla bla"

I get into the store at about 4 pm to find out what is taking so long. and it had taken them the entire day to fit just the bull bar. apparently they had their best fitter working on it all day, and they still weren't done. I went out the back to have a look, and they were, as they put it, " just finishing up the final touches now"

they didn't finish until just after 5 pm. leaving me with a 5 hour drive back to ayres rock in the dark. (not the safest driving conditions in the middle of nowhere with camels and cows and other large wildlife strangely attracted to the warm road surface of a night time) Not to mention, what's that?, oh just 2 huge boxes in the back of the tray with the unfitted side steps and brush rails, overhanging the open tailgate by about 15 cm.

and all they could offer me for the complete inconvenience of their incompetence was the $200 fitting charge for the steps to be removed.

on top of that the bull bar is slightly skew on the front of the car, and one of the plastic inner wheel arch guards is held by a zip tie.

guess where the last place I will be taking the Nav to again will be. and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone to waste their time or money if they are in Alice Springs either

Oh jeez. Sorry to hear about that... cables ties and bodges do not sound good at all. This is all I need to hear, hopefully my canopy won't be cable-tied on next wk:Gillard:

ARB places are starting to sound like a visit to an Apple store...

Shame you've got such a long drive to and from there. Why not take pics of said bodges and send them to ARB, they might get you sorted out somehow.

Good luck.
Rusty.

Already fixed them myself, no way am I letting them near our car again, I don't have a problem with their products. Accept for their prices are a little on the steep side, but I wouldn't trust them to even check my tyre pressure, for the chance that could take them a week to do.

Considering arb charge like a wounded bull you expect decent service. I don't use purely because of price but this just cements my position on them

I rate arb highly especially here in Melbourne. How can they be over priced when my arb canopy I purchased through them was like 800 bucks cheaper than the competition... Carry boy etc..... I find them fair and reasonable. And I also like spending money on Australian made products and resources. You can stick cheap imported shit where the sun don't shine ��

Not to add to the situation, but this is the exact reason I do all my own work on my car. I hate people touching my car and ruining it. Numerous occasions I've sent my car in to have bigger fiddly stuff like canopy and roof racks and it's come back in a shit state.

I am more then happy to buy good products and fork out the extra money for a better quality product, but to save disappointment I fit it all myself

Not to add to the situation, but this is the exact reason I do all my own work on my car. I hate people touching my car and ruining it. Numerous occasions I've sent my car in to have bigger fiddly stuff like canopy and roof racks and it's come back in a shit state.

I am more then happy to buy good products and fork out the extra money for a better quality product, but to save disappointment I fit it all myself

Im with you on this one rusty, there is not very much i dont/wont/cant do on any of my cars!!!

although im not going to do my clutch, box is way too heavy for this black duck!!

cheers
bryan

I drew the line at a snorkel and had them do it, everything else is more then achievable at home with good tools and a carpeted garage ;)

I will happily let my reputable mechanic do all my mechanic work with no issues. Been using him for 10yrs and wouldn't take my cars to anyone else. As for snorkels and accessories bring it on. I done my own snorkel. Once you get passed the 90mm hole in the guard then anything is achievable

Latest posts

Back