Aluminium tray swap on a D40 STX dual cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckZ

Reaction score
Gday,

Does anyone know what needs to be done to the fuel filler when swapping a tub with an aluminium tray?

I bought a Tripply M aluminium tray but can't seem to fit the fuel filler neck properly?

Has anyone done this before? Any ideas on how the fuel filler is to be relocated?
Or is there a kit that can be bought etc?

Thanks

Hehe, had the same issue when putting a tray on mine. From memory if you flip the filler pipe around it seems to fit better. Hope that helps
Just out of interest, do you know how much the alloy tray weighs? Mines steel and I'm thinking of shedding some pounds!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I gave the mob that I got mine through a call for you, just the tray 1800 by 1800 no sides about 140kg. The slide out drawer unit adds a fair bit too.

Thanks heaps HJ. Wow is that all!!! My tray must be up around 300kgs i rekon. May have to do the swap, trying to get away from GVM as i still have some things to add😆

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Easily 300kg plus I'd say, I just removed my third battery no need for 240a/h with my solar. The weight gone and now I'm trying to find time to fit 100kg of water tank lol.

Gday,

Does anyone know what needs to be done to the fuel filler when swapping a tub with an aluminium tray?

I bought a Tripply M aluminium tray but can't seem to fit the fuel filler neck properly?

Has anyone done this before? Any ideas on how the fuel filler is to be relocated?
Or is there a kit that can be bought etc?

Thanks
Chuck, they just retained the origanal filler from the D22 tub. I would think yours would be the same mate, I can take a pic of mine or ask the guy's if the D40 is the same setup if you wish.

Chuck, they just retained the origanal filler from the D22 tub. I would think yours would be the same mate, I can take a pic of mine or ask the guy's if the D40 is the same setup if you wish.

If you could post up some pics that would be great! And if you can confirm from the guys you got yours from?

Will do mate, won't be untill next week as I'm travelling and unable to upload a pic. Also have no contact details for the tray mob with me.
Cheers
I took a quick pic mate, just been on the road since dawn. The tray/tub company is AUTB, phone 1300731990.
All the best
John

Attachments

• Fuel Cap.jpg
    Fuel Cap.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 212

Latest posts

Back