Landcruiser 80 series airbox into d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Landcruiser Series 80 Air Box Kit for D22?

Can this be purchased as a kit for D22?
Thanks
Ted

i fitted the diesel 80 series airbox on the weekend and had a bit of trouble connecting the original hose from the lid to the turbo as it was a bit short,i managed to get it on but the hose is a bit stressed.did anyone else have this problem and if so how was it fixed?apart from that it definitely improves performance and is definitely worth the effort!!!!

For you guys who moved your fuel filters, what did you do about the wire water trap thingo at the bottom of the fuel filter? I assume you must have re-wired it? What does it need? Just 12v power?

Just want to confirm.. From airbox to turbo is a 2.75 inch pipe or 2.5 inch? I'm just getting the extensions today Cheers

Looks like a good mod, the stock pre filter does look fairly restrictive!

Just wondering if anyone managed to do this mod and fit a Forefront winch compatible intercooler kit or even the big front mount intercooler kit?

Cheers

I've got a Forefront winch compatible Intercooler fitted to my Nav, just Sussed it out there wouldn't be enough room for this mod.

Has anyone done this mod on a yd25 yet? I've got the box sitting there ready to go, just wondering what I'm going to do with the airflow sensor

Has anyone done this mod on a yd25 yet? I've got the box sitting there ready to go, just wondering what I'm going to do with the airflow sensor

Like you I've had most of the bits sitting under the bench for the last 12 months but been to busy to do anything about it..Last week got around to fitting the snorkel to the guard. Next step is the pipe from the snorkel to the engine bay to connect to the air box. I plan to do this with 2 x 90° silicon adapters and a short piece of 80mm pipe. Once the air box is in, to connect the the air flow meter I'm going to cut the outlet off the original air box. At the point where I cut it off it's 79mm and the outlet on the cruiser air box is 80mm and will connect the 2 pieces with another silicon adapter.
Hope to have it done in the next month but that may turn into 2. Will post some pics when I get around to finishing it off.

I've got a Forefront winch compatible Intercooler fitted to my Nav, just Sussed it out there wouldn't be enough room for this mod.

Me too. It looks like it could fit further back where the original air cleaner was, even if i have to finesse one of the intercooler pipes a bit.

Just wondering if anyone has chucked a vacuum guage on before and after this mod, or can confirm at all if it is definitely an improvement on the zd30 air filter without precleaner?

Im thinking at the very least it will get rid of that funny bend on the prefilter delete pipe.

Attachments

• 80 series air box 001.jpg
    80 series air box 001.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 457
hey guys i've just done the landcruiiser airbox and snorkel mod on my n/a qd32 and i'm very happy so far, a noticeable improvement in power at least down low i can't wait to check the fuel eonomy

Definitely fits with the forefront with a bit of stuffing around. Was done in conjunction with a turbo upgrade so hard to comment on performance except that the snorkle isn't broadcasting the sounds of a dying vacuum cleaner trying to inhale a shag-pile rug anymore.
When you compare the two opened units side by side you can see why the 80series is so much better by design.

Attachments

• chaina install done 003.jpg
    chaina install done 003.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 291
Hey guys,

I have had my 80 series airbox installed for a while and so far it's been great. At the moment you'll see how it's configured in my engine bay. My major problem is my duel battery is getting roasted on a daily basis, I have seen temps above 60 deg celcius in that location and that's even with a heat shield and a air flow pipe through the guard to the front of it.

So I am thinking about reversing the current setup and mounting the dual battery tray to the front near the head light like it is in yd25 d22s. This will move the airbox backwards, I would plan to cut directly through the wall of the engine bay to use a silicon joiner onto my Nissan snorkel, and then just bin the extra pipework in the guard which would become redundant. My only concern is the 80 series box is steel, in its current location is does get quite hot, if I move it back further towards the turbo is will be even hotter, is this an issue? I know the air has to go through the turbo which is probably 5 times hotter than the airbox will be so I would think it will matter much? I can try put some heat shielding on the airbox to at least try reducing the heat soak. I could go with a gu patrol airbox which is plastic and deals with heat way better, they are usually shitty unless you use a smaller filter cos they have terrible flow, then they are OK, people have used a a464 ryco filter or a bmc filter which has more space around the edges for airflow. I feel like going back to the standard zd30 d22 airbox is pointless because of its known issues like sealing and also bad air flow due to lack of space around the filter.

Need the expert opinions of d22 owners on here.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20190127_115944.jpg
    IMG_20190127_115944.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Back