Landcruiser 80 series airbox into d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They will work on their side for sure, make sure the water drin is still facing down and it too should also still work.
cheers mark.

They will work on their side for sure, make sure the water drin is still facing down and it too should also still work.
cheers mark.

hey man thanks for the thread i moved my fuel fillter on the weekend n it looks prime just hav to save up know for a snorkel n an intercooler.

:cheers!:
It lines up perfectly with the hole, i made sure of this as im still wanting one asap.. I wanted to fit the gu 3.0 or 2.8 td airboxes but they are just too expensive. The space can easily fit a decent size wta intercooler.

cheers mark.

hey mud4b wat would be better a zd30 or a 4.2td box because they are the same sort of i think? or would the 2.8 td be the best choice over the other two?

patrol guys usually fit the ZD30 airbox due to the 4.2 nissan air box having a tight squeeze on the entry.

br interesting to compare the filter size of the navara air filter to the landcruiser filter.

Excuse my ignorance but are you able to remove the prefilter? I have been thinking of doing this also but the prefilter is an obstacle I was not sure about.

yeah i did but i hav not got a snorkel yet so thats yeah im looking for a new airbox setup the precleaner is shit its not sealed at all soo u are still going to take in water best way is to custom fit a new airbox then custom fit ur snorkel which is only like two pipes.:big_smile:

Mud4b, where did you position the sensor in your new filter from the std intake?

80 series air box fitted very neat, pain trying to turn the the outlet square to round but other than that, it all lines up well

Mud4b, where did you position the sensor in your new filter from the std intake?

It is positioned just behind the back of the airbox towards the lhs inner guard, i can get a pic if you want.

cheers mark..

80 series air box fitted very neat, pain trying to turn the the outlet square to round but other than that, it all lines up well

Looks the good bud. yeah i had to mod that also, the 80 series diesel already has the 3 inch tube coming out of the lid so is a little easier than the petrol.

cheers mark.

br interesting to compare the filter size of the navara air filter to the landcruiser filter.

There is no comparison, the 80 air filter is nearly twice the size of the navara air filter.but its also a better designed air box.

cheers mark.

i just did this mod.and i have some tips for anyone wanting to do this.
you need to get the filter box from a PETROL 80 series as the water trap is on the :correct: side,which is opposite to the air intake.
the diesel has it on the other side and it gets in the way.
then you get a DIESEL series lid for it and no mods needed.
the air intake sits perfectly inline with the factory cut inner hole for the snorkel.
bend/reshape 1 mounting bracket,cut one off,and the third one lines up with the hole from the pre cleaner..
fairly easy to do,and also got it for $20 from a toyota wrecker in Pakenham..
try it guys..

might be a stupid question sorry but what is the water trap? as ive just purchased the full diesel box and lid for my d22 what will i ave to modify on this?

cheers robert

the water trap is that small can on the bottom of the main box.
you will find that its on the same side as the air intake tube,and will sit on the inner mudguard and wont sit low enough.
swap it over for a petrol one as its on the opposite"correct"side and the box will sit lower and the hole will line up where the snorkel comes thru.
make sure you keep the diesel lid that you have as it has a round outlet tube.
cheers,joe

well got a phone call from the wreckers and they reckon they only had petrol boxes now and didnt bother telling me this wheni payed and ordered yesterday.. what do i have to modify on the petrol box other than the intake hose?

if your lid has a round tube that goes to the turbo,you should only need to bend the brackets and drill one hole for the bracket to screw down onto the inner guard.
im not running a standard snorkel so im not sure what you have to modify there,im running a 3 inch custom steel one straight into the air box..

same mate im runnning a custom 3 inch stainless snorkel straight to the airbox have you got a pic of snorkel by any chance?

well after all the stuffing around they actually sent me a full diesel box so is there anyway i can modify this water trap or the guard to accomodate it? i got the hole lot for $100 is that a good price?

Latest posts

Back