Ironman, never again.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to open another can of worms here (lol), i didnt end up shipping the shocks i sold. Barely 2 years old and the back right shock is rooted. Wont decompress, had it checked out by a mate, gas has leaked out.

Left back shock is still ok but not far off. If you pull the shock back manually, comes out very easy. Honestly, all highway kms. Is the warranty 2 or 3 years on these? Not overley happy about it to be honest.

Cobez might be time for some bilstien shocks. Love mine up front. Would put them in the rear but worried about stone damage

Well i replaced the rears with Tough Dog's, very pleased, but definantly want something even better up front. Bilstein struts and HD springs are a big possibility.

I was talking to zordo the other day he quoted me 550 for fronts posted out there abouts. Add about another $120 and hell supply new coil hats and assemble them for you.

That was Lovell shocks and dobinson springs I believe

suspension is a hard one everyone wants/needs something different one of my mates bought Bilstein struts and then removed them after 3 months he said the were great on the highway but to firm when he was cruising around the pine forests.

Well atm i have Tough Dog foam cells in the rear, love em, but, up front i have a bullbar, aerials, lightbar etc, i dont do a heap of offroad stuff, just a tiny bit, moreso touring etc, am i better off with foam cell struts up front with HD springs, or gas struts with HD springs?

Thanks anyway, but after pulling the rear shocks out and discovering one was stuffed and one wasnt far off after barely two years, i wouldnt be too keen to try again to be honest.

Considering those shocks never carried weight and only did highway driving, im not very impressed. Now that my needs have changed and i carry around 150kg in the tray i have purchased a different brand of springs in constant load to go with my foam cell shocks i fitted.

Last edited:
Thanks anyway, but after pulling the rear shocks out and discovering one was stuffed and one wasnt far off after barely two years, i wouldnt be too keen to try again to be honest.

Considering those shocks never carried weight and only did highway driving, im not very impressed. Now that my needs have changed and i carry around 150kg in the tray i have purchased a different brand of springs in constant load to go with my foam cell shocks i fitted.

No problem mate, as said it's your choice. But I will state that we have a warranty on all our springs and shocks. When you purchased it, it would have been 2 years, 40,00km warranty and it's now a 3 year 60,000km warranty. We wouldn't warrant out shocks for that long if we didn't know they could handle that length of use. Additionally I'd always welcome people to compare like for like. The tough dog shocks you got are foam cell, our equivelent foam cell would provide very similar dynamics - and different from our nitro gas shocks.

You also mentioned spacers in an earlier post. Just an FYI, if you add spacers to your struts you also need to extend your bump stop or else you'll top out the strut before you hit the bump stop (causing all the stress to go through the strut) and this will cause shocks to die quickly as well.

Hope you do find something that you feel is satisfactory though! As said I'm here to help if you'd like to, but if you have lost confidence in our products I understand your dilemma and am saddened to have lost a customer.

Cheers,

Matt
Ironman 4x4

If they have only done 40k then they are still under warranty, why not get them replaced under that warranty then sell them??
At least then you could recoup some of the cash you spent replacing them

Well one major reason is effort factor. Second is, they were thrown in the dump master at work and are probably sitting at the tip now.

I did think of that, then i thought of all the pissing around and time wasting during work hours to get that all done, so i didnt bother as i already got my hands of these TD shocks anyway.

Latest posts

Back