Rear 4 Link

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered all of the brackets and diff truss today. Also ordered some 2" XXS tube for the links. Has a wall thickness of 11mm so I don't think ill bend that in a hurry

Link material arrived today as well as the pipe for the shock tubes. The plan is to pre fab the shock hoops and bracing and weld the chassis brackets in place before I pull it off the road. Im hoping the conversion can be completed in a long weekend although if my SAS is anything to go by this will never happen.......

Found these arms on Ruff stuff today, giving me ideas on running the shocks on the link. Can get 24" of travel with a 62" arm. Would be about $1K landed in AUS. Tempting.............

Well Im getting some shock hoops bent up this weekend, the rest of the 4 link brackets came early this week. Good bit of gear. Could almost start this build now but I'm going to wait until after christmas

I paid $100 for shipping and exchange rate so it ended up about $200 in the end. Nah didn't pay him just promised me "the next day" for 2 weeks. got sick of his shit in the end so told him to get F@#Ked

been pretty quiet on this thread for a while so Ill give you a bit of an update: shock hoops have finally been sent from the states, should arrive in the next weeks or 2. I've started stripping down the patrol axle and prepping it for welding. All of the old brackets, panhard mount and coil buckets have been cut off, axles are out the splines look pretty good. Diff centre has been pulled apart, stripped and cleaned.

The next step is to get the centre built with 4.88 gears, E locker and fresh bearings.

In the meantime I can tac weld the truss, upper and lower links and coilover brackets in place before the axle goes under the car

Been pretty quiet on this thread for a while, got sidetracked with the turbo upgrades and driving the nav (for once) on most weekends. I bought some 2.5" x 16" triple bypasses today second hand so just need to get some coil overs of the same size.

4.88 diff gears have been ordered but I need to save some more $$ for the locker. Im going to get cracking on stripping the rear of the car over the next few weeks as it will take some time. Need to cut out a fair bit and plate the inside of the chassis rails with some fish plate.

Axle housing is fully stripped and cleaned now so I can weld the truss on this week

Hmmm triple bypasses

Pulled the chrome bumper off. I really liked the chrome bumper even though it took a lot of abuse in its time, gave the old girl some character. May put it back on when the build is done

I'm going to keep the tow bar, Ill cut it up and raise the hitch to use it as a recovery point.

Tomorrows plan is to take the tub off. I'm hoping I can just push it off the back of the chassis

Tub is off. absolute C*#T of a job by yourself. The bolts were covered in mud and in shit spots

I'm going to work on the axle tomoz. Need to think about how to do the next part.

Cut the tub into 3 sections, going to use the sides to get fibreglass moulds made up. My rig falls into Class 8 in offroad racing due to the suspension and motor modifications and requires you to have a "styleside tub". Tube tray are not allow as they do not resemble the original shape of the car.

If I race winch truck I will just take the panels off

Started grinding off the old patrol mounts from the axle housing

Finished pulling the rear apart this morning

I started to weld up the rest of the truss but ran out of gas for the MIG

Got a bare canvas to work with now. Hoping to have the links done by Easter time, weld in brackets make life so much easier

Its an Aquatic Centre plantroom, they are old chemical vats.

Link brackets are welded up, took about 2 - 3 hrs for each one. Lots of prep work and waiting for welds to cool down

Been working on the final bit of chassis prep over the last few days. Had to remove some of the bracing in front of the leaf spring mounts so the link brackets sit flush on the chassis rails. I have removed every old bracket I don't need and ground the welds down to the chassis rails, I want it to look neat and tidy. I also need to fish plate this area. You wouldn't believe how time consuming cutting off brackets and grinding out welds is!

Rear axle truss is fully welded, just need to put the lower link brackets on then its off to be painted

Latest posts

Back