SCV Problem?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I am having nissan navara d40 2011 model. The problem I am facing is that my car loses power on lower speeds especially when I am applying brakes or shifting gears but runs smoothly on high speed. And when it loses power I switch off the car and then start it again, the problem gets fixed and then comes again on lower speeds and this interval repeats on every start up. My engine check light is also ON and when I got it checked, it gave me the error message P0098 Fuel pressure regulator. Can you please suggest me what to do?

There's a few things that could be wrong, it might be something like dirty electrical connections (common). I'd check both battery terminals, the SCV on the fuel pump, the MAFS (near the air filter box), and the BCS (on the intercooler hard pipe near the alternator, with a vacuum hose going to the turbo).

A bottle of injector cleaner might work wonders too, especially if the SCV has a little varnish in it. I use Liqui Moly Fuel System Treatment, I don't know if you have that over there, just make sure it's suitable for diesels.

Sounds like a fuel issue, start at the filter, clean the maf with proper spray, and yes add fuel cleaner,

Latest posts

Back