How many cylinders do you prefer ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many pistons do you prefer.

• Less then 4.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 17 21.5%

Votes: 17 21.5%

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • More then 8.

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
Hi Fella's

As i work on aircraft with jet engines (general electric,rolls royce) how abou tone of these.The main problem is that would not be able to afford the running cost :rant: You dont have to worry about cubic inches :sarcastic:

Shane :smile:

Last edited:
If your going down the diesel path then I'd go for one of these!

The Wartsila-Sulzer RTA96-C turbocharged two-stroke diesel engine is the most powerful and most efficient prime-mover in the world today. The Aioi Works of Japan’s Diesel United, Ltd built the first engines and is where some of these pictures were taken.

It is available in 6 through 14 cylinder versions, all are inline engines.

The cylinder bore is just under 38″ and the stroke is just over 98″.

The engine weighs in at 2,300 tons and is capable of delivering 109,000 horsepower.

Not sure if it would pass an Engineers cert, and a suspension upgrade would be a must

Attachments

• worlds-largest-engine.jpg
    worlds-largest-engine.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 89
If ya want it to rev,
drop in a Chev........V8 that is.

I do also have a fondness for the Hemi 440 Magnum.

:3gears::3gears::3gears::3gears:

i've had a 2cyl Daihatsu Handi, had no power. it couldnt pull a sick kid out of a wheelchair.
then had a 4cyl mini-matic. fair for a 1968 model but still no rocket.
Then a 4cly turbo Telstar - these are quite surprising with a 3' exhaust & boost increased.
Then a 6cyl Audi A4 & now the Nav. of all of them the Audi was my favorite from an engine point of view. sometimes i thought i'd stalled it because of how smooth it idled. you could even give it a rev in neutral and feel nothing as the revs raised. great engineering.

Then a 6cyl Audi A4 & now the Nav. of all of them the Audi was my favorite from an engine point of view. sometimes i thought i'd stalled it because of how smooth it idled. you could even give it a rev in neutral and feel nothing as the revs raised. great engineering.

2.4, 2.8 or 3.0?

2.4, 2.8 or 3.0?
It was a 2.6lt. 1997 A4 Avant (wagon). it was a beautiful car, would buy another Audi for sure. bit pricey when / if something goes wrong. that said, when i sold it it has done 325,000kms and still going well, trans was on its way out though.

I don't ever remember a 454 wining Bathurst? ah yes that's right they were all converted into boat anchors!:happy_smile:

No didnt win bathurst but won every world class drag event,24 hr le mans etc...etc...most nascar races...anything worth winning they won...:rock:

It was a 2.6lt. 1997 A4 Avant (wagon). it was a beautiful car, would buy another Audi for sure. bit pricey when / if something goes wrong. that said, when i sold it it has done 325,000kms and still going well, trans was on its way out though.

I had the 30v 2.4 in a 1999 Sedan, the engine in that was great, if it was the quattro manual model I would still own it and wouldn't have a Navara. They still look fantastic nowadays, and the design is fifteen years old.

I had the 30v 2.4 in a 1999 Sedan, the engine in that was great, if it was the quattro manual model I would still own it and wouldn't have a Navara. They still look fantastic nowadays, and the design is fifteen years old.

I have always wanted a Audi S4 after Grand Turismo 2, that raced spec'd Audi beat anything.

Always liked the sound of the Audi S8 to after the movie Ronin, twin turbo 4.2 W8 and AWD.

Love it.

Dave.

I prefer my 4 cylinders under the bonnet, any more and I'm not sure where I'd put them to get any benefit and any less I think it's time to call Mr Nissan and ask for an explanation.

Latest posts

Back