New to the forum

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adjust

Reaction score
Hey guys,

have just sold my a wagon 4wd as i was after the convenience/suitability of a dual cab ute. Have ordered a STX550 from Lakeside Nissan which i should have around June. Have done some 4wding over at Yorke Penninsula, Saunders Gorge, Goolwa beach etc and would like to get into some more with the new car.

I have the 4wd primarily for towing a race car and it was getting a little too messy/dangerous with carrying spares and tools in the back of the 4wd. Hoping the dual cab fits the bill like i expect it will :)

Brad

Welcome to the forums Brad, hope the new ute does everything you want it to, and arrives on time.

The arriving on time bit has me worried! Apparently this one is already on the way and has its arrival date confirmed. I'm not relying on it being here in time, which means it will probably arrive early lol

It's on it's way and it still won't get here before June? Geez they use slow boats these days. When I brought mine they had very little stock in the country and dealers didn't even have demos because of the GFC but even then my ute only took 4 weeks from the time I was notified it was on the boat with my name on it to the day it arrived at the dealers in country Vic.

According to the vehicle information sheet it is scheduled to arrive in Oz May 2nd, but, then has all the arrival stuff, has to get from Melb to Adelaide and then go through the usual dealer . I think they have said June as a worst case scenario. As i said, still not holding my breath :)

Yeah although June is only 5 weeks away so it's probably reasonable. Just don't tell too many others because I think there is a few on the forums here who have been told their wait is longer than June and they ordered a month or so back.

It seems they are a popular bus. Got told nothing til August/September by other dealers.

They have a following mainly due to the V6 oiler but the other problem is that Nissan didn't import as many utes as there was people who wanted them so it has made them appear more wanted than they perhaps could have been. This isn't an Australian issue though apparently world over the 550's have been a bit slow on the delivery front.

Understandable though Krafty. I was really impressed with how smooth the engine and transmission was. Not far off what what TDV6 sport was.

Thanks Scotty :)

There like bloody hippies.

Standing on the roads edge trying to get a ride. Trying to enter a vehicle at 100km/h is dangerous though.

Stupid roo's.

We used to have them down at Loch Sport Golden beach area, barely a day went by that we didn't hit atleast one roo, in the end the company refused to deliver to the shop down there because the damage to the truck didn't come close to matching the value of the customer.

Some photos, the changes may not be to everyones taste though...

When it first arrived

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

Took it down to D&S Auto to get wrapped in vinyl D & S Auto - Adelaide Car Detailing, Tinting, Paint Protection & Signage

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

Car was bought mainly for towing and carting around stuff for the race car, which it has done extremely well. I got the car early June and have already put nearly 20k on it. Towing is incredible, trailer, car, spare engine, gearbox, diff, fuel, tools, etc the thing still accelerates up any hill. Only thing i wasn't over the moon about was the suspension, rear suspension struggled. So i got in contact with the guys at Tuff Stuff 4x4 and they put an EFS kit in and some bags in the back. Havn't hooked the rig up yet, but, car still drives as nicely as stock and handles really well.

Before
IMG_0237.jpg

After
IMG_0580.jpg

Latest posts

Back