Need a Part number

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with a part number.

I just got my 89 d21 single cab back from my old man who has been using it for the last few weeks and the plastic link piece that connects the door key lock barrel to the door latch mechanism has broken free again.
So turning the key does nothing but the inside knob still locks and unlocks the door.

It had this problem when I first got it and it's obviously a common issue with them as every d21 I looked at in the wreckers had the same piece broken or broke trying to get it out.

I went to Nissan to get a new one and they couldn't work out from their parts catalogue what the piece was so I gave up and glued it for now but that has let go again.

Anyone out there know the part number or a good alternative to fixing the issue?
I'll try and get a pic of the offending part once I take the door card off again.

Cheers
Joel

Have you checked other models? Aren't most tumblers and mechanisms used very similar parts and very little of that stuff "genuine"?

I'm fairly sure my parts cattledog doesn't go far enough back for 89 models but Dion I think said he had an early version of the FAST cattledog that might have had it.

I made a replacement out of coathangar wire when I first got my D21... Since then I've wrecked enough D21s to have come across one that isn't broken.

It's not sold separately to the door latch assembly, which explains why there's no part number.

I'd hazard a guess every Nissan from the same era is the same, just spend an hour in a wreckers yard going through the 400 pulsars.

Cheers Guys, I figured that mighta been the case.

Any way I pulled it out and reglued it this arvo.
It held up for over 6 months last time and I put a bit more effort into cleaning up the surfaces this time.

Anyway here is the part (yellow block)

PC290278.jpg

PC290273.jpg

The only D22 at the local wreckers is already missing both doors.
I did find a D21 dually with a good one but it broke trying to get it out.

Might have to dig through some Pulsars and Pintaras see if they have the same bit.

It's really frustrating when it breaks as it means having to lock and unlock from the passanger side each time.

My exs step father that used to own it never worried bout locking it, we live out in the sticks but now I've a new Stereo and UHF set its worth locking.

Noone was gonna steal the 1 speaker AM only radio in there originally. :sarcastic:

Even check R31 Skylines and N13 Pulsars.

N14's might be different.

There are heaps on GQ's to, there a basic old 4by.

Latest posts

Back