Should Nurses be given Veterans Allowance

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Ok i may get a few stabs on this one, but i want to see others opinions. Unsure of whether i should of Polled this or not.

Was watching the news the other night and saw the bit about the Nurses from the world warsand they were discussing the fact that they dont get given the Veterans Allowance. I always thought they did. Obviously i was wrong and they dont. To my understanding is that they went through a hell of alot in those days and i reckon they should be entitled to this Allowance.

Please dont chew my eye off about this but i just want to see other opinions on the subject.

Post away.

If they served as part of a war then yes. If they just stayedat home and ccontinued doing there normal job then no.

In war zone (anywhere a soldier can claim it) then of course they should.

Giving a veterans allowance to hypothetical Captain Dr 'X' and not to the hypothetical 'nurses' he would have worked with in the same location seems wrong on so many levels.

The soldiers - yes, because they're fighting. Anyone out involved in supporting the soldiers - hell yes, because without them, the soldiers stop. No ammo supply, no communications, no bandages, no chefs = no soldiers = no war.

I suppose that also means that if you kill everyone on the planet that can cook, the wars will all end too, but that's a discussion for elsewhere.

The soldiers - yes, because they're fighting. Anyone out involved in supporting the soldiers - hell yes, because without them, the soldiers stop. No ammo supply, no communications, no bandages, no chefs = no soldiers = no war.

I suppose that also means that if you kill everyone on the planet that can cook, the wars will all end too, but that's a discussion for elsewhere.

Well said. Of course they should.

What happened to the poll?

Any more info on what nurses you are talking about?
And what is the veterans allowance?

In truth, a hell of a lot of people got shit kicked in their faces over whether they truly "served" in any of the wars and t wasn't just the government depts that were doing it as well. It included the RSL who were the greatest bunch of arseholes about this sort of stuff.

You also might like to look up the absolute crap girls in the "Land Army" got dished out; treated worse than convicts a lot of them. {A slave was your property and they cost you money if they died. Convicts were free allocated labour and plenty more where they came from).

Sigh, probably just another on of these "we want to look good and so many of them have now died, it won't cost as anything to give it to them" things.

They served just like any soldier so they should be entitled to every bit of allowance a solider is. Because without them a many more soliders would have died.

I fine it strange they they were not given this allowance. Because i was under the impression anyone who served got soe sort of allowance pension etc.

Which Nurses are we talking about?

I am under the understanding we also had Red Cross Nurses who served overseas in support of our military, but I don't think they staff our Military Field Hospitals, more in fall back hospitals in countries like Brittan during WW1&2 etc.

If we are talking about those military nurses who served overseas in field and ship hospitals during WW1&2 and other conflicts that our Country sent our service man & woman to fight in, then “Hell Yes” they should receive full veteran benefits.

Some of our Military Nurses paid the ultimate sacrifice after becoming POW's and when Hospital ships were sank, and many Army & RAAF Nurses came under artillery fire while staffing field hospitals in war theatres including Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan, and as others have said, they would have seen the trauma that war inflicts on the human body, those sights alone in many cases are far worse sight then what most nurses will see in any main land Australian major trauma hospitals in a life time.

For the Red Cross Nurses thou . . . I don’t know, many did volunteer to serve overseas but not on our front lines like our Military Nurses were forced to do so

Anyone nursing someone else's sorry arse deserves a medal, anyone nursing the injured in war employed by the forces or not lived the bloody thing. Give it to them and treat them with respect. No....... Add to the pain you dicks!

anyone nursing the injured in war employed by the forces or not lived the bloody thing.

That is sort of my thinking. Talking with The Boss recently, she pointed out that in one of the years after WWI, there were 19 suicides by veterans in that one year alone in one small country town. so you can only start to imagine what the "nurses" went through when dealing with masses of men

On the whole, there has been massive disservice to many "veterans" over the decades. Apparently, being a serviceman in Darwin during the bombing, and similar places didn't count as "real" service.

Of course nurses serving in the wars should receive a veteran's pension. I was disgusted to learn they didn't especially when some 2 bit assistant in an office never seeing the frontline did. It's an appalling state of affairs. Nurses will always transcend their their own needs in order to care for patients in difficult situations & caring for wounded soldiers/civilians in battlezones is an example of above-the-call-of-duty dedication

I think anyone who has offered full time service should be entitled.
As should anyone who served on foreign soil in support of our military.
This includes police, nurses, etc.

Latest posts

Back