King Gee, Hard Yakka or ???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which workgear?

• King Gee

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Hard Yakka

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Go nekkid

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

terryc

Reaction score
Its time to buy/invest in some more work clothes and I'd thought I'd asks peoples experiences of which was best.

I've had King Gee B&Bs, shirts and short for decades and they were nice and thick and worn so many ties they had patches on the patches..

About a decade ago I purchased some Hard Yakka B&Bs and shirts and noticed that they were so much thinner. Their life hasn't been great with welding and grinding slag flying everywhere(main reason for purchasing.

It is now time to admit that all my B&Bs are beyond patching any further (and beyond everything buy a canvas machine).

Hence which are the better these days?

Telstra supply my work clothes, however I quite often wear surf shorts to work with my Telstra shorts.

LOL go the " tightie whities " , sorry i spent 5 mins sitting here hovering the keyboard , i couldnt resist

Bisley is pretty good gear, I've found. Plenty of room and pretty heavy.

Currently all my work gear is RM Williams - supplied by work. Their moleskins are fantastic.

i didnt have any luck with bisley bought 2 pairs 2 months the knee tore in one pair 2 weeks later the crotch went in the other pair

I reckon both yakka and KG are about on par with each other these days.

At work we sell bucket loads of work wear. CAT make some really good workwear and also check out Carharrt.

Out of yakka and KG then i'd say probably yakka for their Legends pants... and Bisley and RM's make really good work shirts.

I've probably not contributed in any way, but what i'm gettin as is it might be worth while checking out CAT and Carharrt.

Cheers,

TF

Carharrt for me - but you need the US contact to make it worthwhile. I have seen some shirts and pants for sale at Costco for good prices but generally the Au stores treat it as upmarket and charge accordingly.

Latest posts

Back