2010 D40 ST-X Disc Brake size

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxbat

Reaction score
Hi Guru's, I have an issue with my front disc rotor size. I have a series 4 2010 ST-X with the 140KW motor and standard 17" rims but my front disc size is 295mm??? I thought these were supposed to be fitted with the larger 320mm disc brakes. Can anyone shed some light for me? Seems I may have been ripped off by Mr Nissan. Also, if these brakes are too small, does that make the vehicle non compliant with the ADR's?

Spain build. Every reference to my vehicle on the web refers to the larger discs. I have just called my dealer and they have suggested that I have changed my brakes. Yeh, right. So I have contacted NISSAN Head Office and they are looking into it for me. But they new stuff all and initially told me mine should be the smaller brakes. I am getting them to confirm. I know that vehicles in Australia go through a Road Vehicle Certification System which allows the Manufacturers to go through a self certification system to ensure the vehicles comply with the ADR's. 'If' mine has slipped through with undersized brakes then it is possibly a safety defect from the manufacturer and all of the other vehicles around my build may need to be inspected. I am currently searching for the vehicle build info that lists what mine is 'supposed' to have fitted. Not Happy Jan.

Don't be like that, does it stop? If it does, it's working OK. If it needs larger brakes worry about it then.

The 320mm Sumitomo discs are off Thai built D40 and ST-X 550 with the v6 motor and some other D40's in the world that must have got rear discs.

All Spain built have the 295mm Tokico Disc and rear drum setup.

The only commonality is that all D40's with drums that came into Australia at least have the same rear drum setup.

The 320mm Sumitomo discs are off Thai built D40 and ST-X 550 with the v6 motor and some other D40's in the world that must have got rear discs.

All Spain built have the 295mm Tokico Disc and rear drum setup.

The only commonality is that all D40's with drums that came into Australia at least have the same rear drum setup.

The VERY FIRST Limited Edition run of 550's into Australia all had rear disc brakes.

So, this is topical in as much as I was also led to believe through documentation and vechicle specs that the 17" Rims on my ST-X Navara would have 320mm Front rotors..

So, I jump online, order and receive. AND - they are too big when I go to fit them up. They are the standard 298mm rotors.

Luckily the supplier was happy to swap them over. They run the same pad and all, just and extended arm on the caliper. So don't despair, you're not missing out on much.

Latest posts

Back