UCA bushes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not a bad idea to chop it up and weld some decent wings on it, give good clearance and stronger than the xrox pos

Yeah but be hard to part with the new ARB bar.
Maybe after I come into contact with another crazed commodore driver.

Some updated info here.
I dropped into Pedders today to talk about installing these bushes.
Turns out there are offset UCA bushes and these will be the ones to install.
I will try to explain this as Im not good at explaining things as my vocabulary only consists of 5 words lol.
Replacing the offset of the lower bushes will give more adjustment with caster and only a small amount of camber, However offset UCA bushes will not give caster adjustment but will in turn give a greater adjustment of camber.
I didnt understand this at first but it was explained to me much better than that one above lol

The UCA bushes were $470 installed and aligned.

The LCA bushes were $370 installed and aligned.

the $100 difference is cos the UCA is easier to get to??!? I dont know.

I have it booked in for wednesday and will post the results

sweet so do you have to get both done or could you just get away with doing the uca ones, and i wouldve thought the lca bushes would be easier to get to

Gonna try just getting away with the UCA bushes.
I reckon UCA is easier to get too as you dont need to undo any struts or sway bars or anything just 1 ball joint.

and Ron is back tomoz he been on holidays Im gonna annoy him to get some extended ball joints too.

No ill find out tomoz he was away on holidays and there hesitant to sell them as the rubber perishes apparantly.
I think I said that somewhere before. Sorry if im repeating myself

Just got a hold of Ron and the ball joints will fit only if you have a circlip holding the ball joint in on the UCA.
Otherwise you will need to machine up a sleeve to go around the ball joint to press it in.
But they are 20mm longer would be plenty of length. Lot cheaper option for $35 a piece compared to $1000 for after market UCAs

have you got the ball joint yet if nowwhen you do can you measure it up i wanna find out the size coz i know monster rides make them for hilux, hoping they might be the same size, if so im pretty sure they sell 50mm extended

Turns out there are offset UCA bushes and these will be the ones to install.
The UCA bushes were $470 installed and aligned.

Mad D40 - any ideas where peddars sourched these bushes? All the info on here seems to be talking about LCA bushes - but the UCA bushes are the tricky ones to track down.
Cheers...Tim

Ok found yet more info
Nolathane

tn_45587.jpg

Aussie - aren't these for the lower control arm - and we're needing the upper control arm offset bush?

hi guys. where did you get the extended ball joins and spacers from as i am thinking of doing this aswell. spoke to fullcrum suspension in and the quoted uca offset bushes around about $600 from memory. might check pedders pricing...

hi guys. where did you get the extended ball joins and spacers from as i am thinking of doing this aswell. spoke to fullcrum suspension in and the quoted uca offset bushes around about $600 from memory. might check pedders pricing...

Ultimate suspension in NSW - but they'll send anywhere....
I've been running them no probs for over a year - although thats just with the standard 2inch lift. I'm about to install some 35mm lift spacers this wk end. Looks to be heaps of room with the extended ball joints, so fingers crossed I still get some down travel....

Got the 10mm lift spacers from Superior Engineering just incase i cant go to the 35mm.

Well rust got bent over a log for the LCA bushes got quoted $160 and four hours labour.
Well dropped it off yesterday morning when they opened, get a phone call that afternoon and they hadn't realised how long it would take. Rang at lunch time, ask the damage $734 all up. Well wasnt expecting that

Latest posts

Back