Fuel consumption.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Whats everyone getting ?

Details of vehicle.

Ie

Model: D22 STR 2006
Engine: ZD30DDT
Auto or Manual: Manual
Rough guess on weight : 2000kg

70L for 650km's = 70 / 650 = 0.10769 etc x 100km's =
10.76L per 100km's

Add anything else you want.

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Model : D22 STR 2006
Engine : ZD30DDT
Auto or Manual : Manual
Rough guess on weight : 2100 atleast

104L used and 1020km's covered = 10.196.

So roughly 10.2L per 100km's.

Pretty happy with that.

I run injector cleaner through with the fuel every third tank.

Dave.

Model : D22 single cab ,04
Rough guess on weight : 2100 + load

last time i checked was around 65 litres for 700km so ~9.2km. very good concodering the load and light 4x4 use.

Model: D22 STR 2003
Actual weight : 2240kg (over weighbridge)

On avg running round town;
65L for 570km's = 65 / 570 = 0.11403 etc x 100km's =
11.4L per 100km's

On a long run it only managed about 600ks from the same 65 litres, mine appears to be hungrier than most.

G'day guys,

Model: D22 STR 2002
Actual weight : Whatever she runs stockers?

Kept pretty accurate records of fuel over the last 8 months. Haven't cracked 600km from a tank yet though (but I think it can be done!)

11-11.5L/100km mixed highway and town.
10.5-11L/100km mostly highway use.

Cheers,
Guido

That's interesting Guido, your the first person I've heard of that gets similar fuel usage to me, and being an older one like mine I really am beginning to think there was an ECU tweak for the 2004 model onwards.

You could be right Shonky. It's a fair way off Tweak'e's economy...that's hard to beat.

I've got a spreadsheet set-up of my fuel usage/economy and every fill-up generates my consumption for the previous tank. The results have been fairly consistent.

2007 D40 STR Auto 2.5 TD..... Stock standard

City..............11lt/100
HWY.............9.7lt/100
Combined... 10.5lt/100

On the HWY the fuel light comes on at 655 klm, and 65lt gets me 665 klm.....
Around town, the fuel light come on at 585 klm, and it usually take 64lts

Last edited:
Shonky and Guido do use injector cleaner at all.

I admit I am not afraid to my Navara a rev when needed, which I think keeps the cat from blocking up and the injectors from blocking up also.

That may have something to do with the better economy some of us are getting.

How do drive yours ?

Dave.

You could be right Shonky. It's a fair way off Tweak'e's economy...that's hard to beat.
its all in how you drive ;)

actually i suspect it uses a lot when cold, seams to go through more when doing short runs. ie drive to work, drive home at the end of the day. constant driving, even stop start while engine is still hot seasm to be far more econmical.
its only a guess as i don't keep track of fuel milage.

I admit I am not afraid to my Navara a rev when needed, which I think keeps the cat from blocking up and the injectors from blocking up also.

How do drive yours ?

Dave.

I'm not afraid to rev it when driving, I generally change up gears around 3000 rpm, I've tried driving like a grandma and it had zero effect on fuel consumption. I have used fuel injector cleaner in the past Dave it didn't make any difference to fuel consumption either.

I suspect mine uses a lot because of the short drives I do, I work 5 mins from home and the engine has only just warmed up before it gets shut down again, but that doesn't explain why my mileage doesn't get a great deal better on a long run, maybe my cat is blocked up or something like that, will know soon enough, fitting the 3" turbo back system on Saturday. :confused:

Model : D22 STR 2005
Rough guess on weight : 2100 as well

Always get at least 650 kays to 65L sometimes I notice its a bit better.

I live out of town so is hardley ever driven for 5 mins.

2 thirds of my driving would be hwy. I certainly dont go easy on it.

I dont keep accurate records though. I reset the trip meter every now and then to see but its always basicly the same.

90-95% of my driving is done on the New England Highway.

My short trips are a trip to the local newsagency for a pack of smokes.

Dave.

Model: D22 STR 2006
Actual weight :around 2100

11.2L/100km mixed highway and town.
10.2-11L/100km on long trips.

Model D22 DX 2004
Engine ZD30DDT
Manual

I've never kept accurate figures except when towing. I get around the 10l/100km highway travelling, the wife got it down to 9.5l/100km. When towing a car trailer with about 2t weight it uses 15l/100km.

How do drive yours ?

Dave.

Nah, no additives used in mine. Like Shonky I usually take it up to around 3k RPM before shifting (or maybe just short of 3k). Trips are generally 10-15 mins to work or around town.

Buggered if I could get any more than 600k's to a tank though. There definately seems to be a trend developing here with the newer ZD30's getting better economy. More posts will give a better indication I reckon.

Guido

I posted yesterday but dont know where it went

Model:2007 D40
Motor: 2.5 TD
Gearbox: manual

Highway: 10/11L per 100k's
Highway towing 2.5 tonne boat 17L per 100k's
Around town: (wife driving) nearly 600 per tank.

I have seen plenty of people post on various sites that they can get below 10/100 but i'm yet to see it in mine and i have tried driving miss daisy and using cruise on long trips but to no avail. Overall couldnt be happier pulling a 2.5 tonne boat @100k's an hour, even passing, and still getting around 17/100."AWESOME"

Latest posts

Back