Aussie Arctic Trucks D40 STX 550 35" Tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this one was a custom fab job, even though there is a TJM sticker on it in one of the pics. But just another idea for you.

Attachments

• dc70974e.jpg
    dc70974e.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 3,458
  • index2.jpg
    index2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 4,426
Hi Guys,

Just ordered my 35" tyres, ended up going with the Cooper STT muddies
304591_10200391336533108_680672119_n.jpg

And on monday I will also be picking up a new ARB Steel Bullbar for the STX 550 which has the winch mount and has the air intake under the winch for the intercooler which is a really good idea, So I will just modify the ARB Bullbar to suit my wider flares.
Also going to look at the ARB rear Bar, because the tow hitch sits further back than my genuine Nissan Tow bar and hopefully will just squeeze the 35" spare under the ass of the tub.

Regards Matt

Geez they look awesome. That green thing is a beast.

What's the total cost of this build Matt?

Last edited:
Geez they look awesome. That green thing is a beast.

What's the total cost of this build Matt?

Well the car was $67K with all my extras, $7K for Arctic Trucks Kit +$2K shipping from Iceland +$1K import duty, $3.5K for King shocks, $600 Snake racing Shackle hangers and Braided Brake lines, $2K for tyres, $1.9K for ARB bullbar,

Total $85,000

+ more for exhaust, chip, whinch, and all the other little things ARB towbar.

Hi Guys,

Here is a picture of the ARB bullbar to suit the V6TD engine with the intercooler in the front.

4786.jpg

and here is a picture of the rear ARB towbar that I may possibly get due to the tow hitch being further back, so I might squeeze the 35" tyre under the tub.

3638030.jpg

enjoy :)

Hi Guys,

Picked up my brand new ARB bullbar today, and in a few hours this afternoon with my old man we had it fitted. Was definitely abit of a challange as we had to modify where my front Shocks External resivors mounted. Abit of cutting and welding had to be done but no other dramas.

Hopefully next week we will be temporarily mounting the flares and cutting the bullbar up to modify it alot wider than its off to be painted silver.

Flares where dropped off at painter today and be ready next week.

here is a pic with the bullbar on the car,

13791_10200405400084688_1549511806_n.jpg

Can you tell me what brand snorkel you are running on the 550 and were there any dramas fitting it? Also any noticible difference once fitted.
Cheers
Craig

Can you tell me what brand snorkel you are running on the 550 and were there any dramas fitting it? Also any noticible difference once fitted.
Cheers
Craig

Hi Mate,

Its just the Genuine Nissan Snorkel for the D40, But im pretty sure this one is only for the 550 or V6 models, because a normal 2.5L D40 has the airbox slightly different I was told.

regards Matt

Hi Guys,

Had a very heated conversation with the service manager at my local town today, always trying to spin me some bullshit. But he forgets that some people he talks to aint dumb.

I blew the Intercooler hose coming off the turbo to the intercooler, its a grey 90 degree bend, and alot of oil coated my whole engine bay.

He said to me that something is wrong and there shouldnt be oil like that, and I said its because these cars do not have a catch can for the oil, therofore it gets plumbed back into the intake of the turbo to pass Australian regulations.

So after alot of yelling, they just replaced the pipe and I went of my merry way home.

They should look right at home in the 550 interior.nice

Yea ill be going white lighting for the numbers and an Amber ring around the outside, So it should match.

I also got Oil Pressure and Water temp also, So I just gota find somewhere to mount 5 gauges haha

Latest posts

Back