Ironman, never again.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wished I saw this post a few years ago. Have gone through the same thing ironman to tough dog. I also would never go back to a certain 'off road warehouse' in the Penrith area. Dodgy as and no clue what they are doing.......

I put ironman foam cell pros in the nav struts and shocks last November. Lasted a month. Ripped em out and bought koni.... Farrkk heaps better end of day though more you spend better you get

If it makes everybody feel better I've had Tough Dogs spew all their oil out on the first trip home (cairns to weipa). bilstiens were THE worst riding shocks I have ever had and on a work car going up and down the Cape road we tried just about every brand of shock in Australia on the patrol and they ALL flew to bits: leaking, pistons coming undone and breaking the ends off shocks. I hear the same marketing bs from every company "built tough for australia conditions", more like built in China as cheap as possible and stiff as a board. I'm with the OP, lift your game aussie suspension manufacturers because you are 20 years behind the USA.

*A friend swapped out his Tough Dogs for Ironman after the Tough Dogs leaked and he said the Ironman shock were more comfortable. *We never used Ironman on the work car but destroyed every other major brand.

I have ironman HD shocks all round,and I used to tow about 1-2 ton of wood daily and they are still as good as new after a couple of years...
I haven't tried any other brand but I cant complain about these...

I believe in the old saying "you get what you pay for", but there are always exceptions to this rule. Sometime you can get quality cheap and sometime crap is expensive. So it really comes back to do your research.
I had an Ironman bullbar on my old D40 and it was great, have an ARB on my new one and I'm not happy (only bought it cause they where the only manuf that made 550 bullbar at time).
I have Bilstien rear and Radflo extended front struts to suit the Calmini and they work a dream.

Latest posts

Back