Portaloo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a cheapo Wild Country unit that works well enough. We've only ever used it with a bio treatment so that we can pour the contents into pit/composting toilets or septic systems without destroying the toilet (which is what can happen when you drop the AquaKem or Thetford stuff in).

The problem with the bio (enzyme) stuff is that it really stinks. The chemical itself is fine but even super-dosing the toilet doesn't improve the smell. The Thetford chemicals at least kept the place smelling nice. We didn't want to go back to that, so we tried something else...

Napisan. Bloody hell, it works too. It's supposedly safe for septic systems as well, but I'm not yet 100% sure so I've just used RV dump points so far. I've also discovered that the active ingredient is stronger in the darker labelled Aldi version.

Smell? It's fine, as long as you follow the "directions" which I'll repeat here (we learned this from a blog somewhere).

Mix in a capful with 1 litre of warm water, pour it into your freshly rinsed tank. Mix another capful with 1 litre of warm water, pour that into the top tank then fill with cold water. Every day, pour half a capful into the holding tank. When full, empty it appropriately and rinse - most dump points have hoses attached.

If we ever wanted to buy another toilet we'd probably get this one. Height is an advantage - means you don't have to bend the old knees as much!

Thanks mate...yeah saw that one at BCF and thought it looked the goods.
I'm happy with a bucket and bag but not too sure about the missus.

Cheers for the info.

Got one from eBay for about $50 delivered. I use the Thetford chemicals. Happy wife and daughter, happy camping!

That's the one thing I can't stand about the RV dump points - the amount of splash they allow.

I would have sunk a 1 meter-deep 100mm-wide pipe and then used a curved elbow before dropping the muck further.

Never have that sort of problem in a decent composting/pit toilet, although we stayed at one place in the Barrington area and their pit toilet was about 10cm deep. They might have done that to keep the flies away from their own house up on the hill ...

Gee in previous threads, wasn't there some sort of advice that "if you use it, you empty it"?
The problems with the bigger ones is that they are heavier to lift and empty, so you might want to keep that in mind. When we looked, none of the offerings had decent carry handles.

Latest posts

Back