Cruise Control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTMike

Reaction score
2009 D40 STX... Cruise control suddenly stops working, On/Off works and dash lights up green, but Set doesn't work, thinking maybe a switch issue in the steering wheel, any ideas...?

Had the same issue. 3 switches to check.
1st Clutch switch- ensure the pedal is depressing the switch fully
2nd Brake switch- same as clutch
3rd Neutral position switch- check by driving in 4th or 5th, hold the gear lever to the left and try to engage cruise control. If it engages while pushing the lever across the switch is stuffed. Replace switch.

Hope this helps.

I had the same thing last week on my 2009 titanium,turned out to be the clutch pedal switch.as maddo71 said check the switches and all should be fine

My cruise wasn't working, found some info on the net - lots here. Tried pushing on the gear lever, wouldn't fix it in 4th or 5th as suggested. Next stop the clutch switch. Checked that and it wasn't engaging on the pedal so I adjusted it so it engaged on the pedal properly. Thought 'bewdy, 5 minute fix'. Nope, still not engaging, but now at least I know it's the neutral switch. it will engage while the gear lever is pushed to the left and cuts out when I let go in 4th, or pull it back to the right in 5th. Haven't tried 6th yet.

Thanks, the brake cutout seems to work fine while the cruise is working (if I push the gear lever over, put the back passenger window down to 3/4, stick my tongue out to the right and hold my breath :) )

Quick update: I took the Nav for a spin on the freeway, cruise worked fine in 6th until I hit the 'wrong' bump and it knocked the gear lever over.

Neutral position switch ordered and winging it's way to me as I type.

Check the clutch switch and the neutral position switch as described above. Adjust, replace as required. I adjusted the clutch switch, and have the neutral switch but haven't had time to fit it yet.

Thank you
Checked the clutch pedal only to find a broken plastic grommet that engages the cc switch had snapped rang local Nissan dealer only to be told that the part is only available as part of a whole new clutch pedal at $125.00!

So I improvised with a small magnet that I've fitted to the clutch pedal directly under the cc switch, and all is working ok.
Also have a squeaky clutch returnspring and they are only available with a new clutch pedal, what a rip off.
Thanks again for all the help on the forum

Thanks Tony,
im reading as well that this sensor causes the ute to loose power etc..
Its going for a service next week so ill chat to the mechanic, cheers

Latest posts

Back