ZD30 ecu remap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4low

Reaction score
I came across this the other day while researching ecu remaps

https://www.facebook.com/eastcoastperformancetuning/

These guys have recently been doing remaps on ecu's on the ZD30 for under $500. Has anyone tried one of them? Claimed increase of 20-30% power and 50% torque

Has anyone tried them or heard from anyone who has it done?

I had my d40 done the other week.
Not by them mind you.

Power is unreal, furl usage is up to you but miles below what I was in before. The big test will be the next highway trip.

I paid more then that. And that's considered cheap.

Never seen one going for that low.

Sent via smoke signals

i got this ecu from them and recommend it 100%

it re kindled my love for the old girl when i was about to trade her in.

you wont regret it.:love sign:

I see your in Geraldton LukeMac, how did you go about getting this done? It was that Eastcoast performance crew right? I am pretty keen myself for that sort of improvement! Will probably do the exhaust first though.
I am in Byford, Perth

Good to hear mate. Its next on my list after I get my LED spots

How noticeable is the performance and how is the fuel economy going?

I see your in Geraldton LukeMac, how did you go about getting this done? It was that Eastcoast performance crew right? I am pretty keen myself for that sort of improvement! Will probably do the exhaust first though.
I am in Byford, Perth

they sent it to me via express post. 3 days it took. you can send the old one back to get some money back but being a new mod i get very skeptical so i kept my old ecu just for spares :)

Good to hear mate. Its next on my list after I get my LED spots

How noticeable is the performance and how is the fuel economy going?

performance mate is out****ingstanding i couldnt believe it the ute struggled like all stock navaras do to over take and sit on 110 nicely now itll shit in 140 easy for over taking purposes.

as for fuel economy well when you get a bit more power you lose that fuel economy. but around town im still getting about 500ks to a tank.

i went to perth the other weekend for a hockey thing and it used half a tank so it was ok (4 hour drive). EGT went up about 70 degrees and boost went up as well. but other than that i cannot complain.

My mate has the same navara as me and used a DP chip and it doesnt even sort of compare. plus he had a load of problems with his ( had to send it back a few times)

for the ZD30 guys reading this. get this mod.

Have you seen this thread, http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=30429 . No one was remapping ZD30 DI 's before this.

Yeah I had been looking through that one a few days ago rumpig. Had it in the back of my mind to give it a go when I had the time. For 500 bucks that would be golden. I am off to the USA next month so wont be doing anything about it till I get back so plenty of time to think and continue research. Given I will also be upgrading my exhaust any advice on the order to be doing this?

Ok here is a shot from my Ulysse speedo app. Bottom RHS are the split times from just after I fitted the 3" exhaust
2902e6bfde44a424048b7722985a9b8d.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ok here is a shot from my Ulysse speedo app. Bottom RHS are the split times from just after I fitted the 3" exhaust
2902e6bfde44a424048b7722985a9b8d.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Off topic i know, but hows your double din head unit u got there go?

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Its has been fine though like my tablet this has 16g onboard but only a 2g partition for apps. They (Eonon) have a new one now that allows the full memory to be used. Problem is i was able to install Hema maps app, but not enough room for the maps package. My phone allows it to be moved to SD card but haven't been able to do that yet with the stereo. Bluetooth works fine, connects every time, radio is good and was pretty straight forward to fit. Comes with a GPS antenna so I hotspot my phone to use the unit for navigation if I need to.
I had a bluetooth consult connector before but that would not connect. I fried it anyway so will look for a USB connected one now I think. The unit has 2 USB plug cables.
Came with a reversing camera too

Its has been fine though like my tablet this has 16g onboard but only a 2g partition for apps. They (Eonon) have a new one now that allows the full memory to be used. Problem is i was able to install Hema maps app, but not enough room for the maps package. My phone allows it to be moved to SD card but haven't been able to do that yet with the stereo. Bluetooth works fine, connects every time, radio is good and was pretty straight forward to fit. Comes with a GPS antenna so I hotspot my phone to use the unit for navigation if I need to.
I had a bluetooth consult connector before but that would not connect. I fried it anyway so will look for a USB connected one now I think. The unit has 2 USB plug cables.
Came with a reversing camera too
How did u fry the bluetooth consult? I think i have the same one.

Was looking at these cheap android head units, the recerse camera would be handy for hooking up a trailer, but reviews have been pretty iffy so i might just stick to a pioneer unit with mirrorlink.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was fitting my 3" exhaust and had to remove the turbo to get the dump pipe off. I was pulling it back and it punched through the rubber boot on my alternator, flashed and blew a fusible link. The Consult adaptor was plugged in at the time and never worked since......
I was reading on here about the Growl audio units I think they were called? They are supposed to be very good. Mine is great but as far as Bluetooth goes it is a slave the same at the adaptor is. If it requires a password it won't connect. A fella at work has a pumpkin head unit and reckons it is good. I imagine it is much cheaper than the pioneer. There are a couple of links on here on this, will have a look...
Here we go, have a read through this one. Was started a long time ago but from pg 3 is pretty recent
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=22959&highlight=android+head+unit

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back