Louder / better sounding exhaust.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben899

Reaction score
On a poor mans budget.

Just want a nice sounding exhaust.

I replaced the muffler with straight pipe and it sounds a tiny bit deeper but barley noticeable.

Will welding a 90 degree dump pipe style tip make any improvements?

Read somewhere that a k&n air filter will give it a better sound but doesn't the majority of air intake come through the intercooler?

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very difficult to get turbo diesels loud. the turbo is great muffler.
for a good sound its about getting right sized pipes and the right muffler. with a muffler is better than without.

Take your cat off and smash the core out with the big screwdriver and a hammer.
Failing that, just spend $500 on a 3" exhaust from ebay.
If you have an ABN its tax deductable.

Last edited:
Mmm he has a 2wd Navara, most of the aftermarket places would probably not have a kit ready to go to suit that model, You'd have to make it yourself or have it fabricated and that's lots of mucking around for what it is and "needing" more noise.

Mmm he has a 2wd Navara, most of the aftermarket places would probably not have a kit ready to go to suit that model, You'd have to make it yourself or have it fabricated and that's lots of mucking around for what it is and "needing" more noise.

Nah got a 4wd now buddy.
I don't 'need' more noise and am not after a loud over the top exhaust.
Just want something besides engine noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries, I just looked at your previous post about tyres and assumed you had the same rig. Plenty of bolt on shit available to suit...
Cheers

Latest posts

Back