D22 STR 50mm BODY LIFT

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just need to figure a bashplate template to get around the crumple zones, as they be sittin below the bullbar with the bodylift. if anyones made one up to suit bodylift, love to see template design or something. cheers

Is this on a petrol or diesel Nav? Mine seems to have a load of stuff connected to both body and chassis.

i did the lift on my diesel nav, there seems to be a bit of stuff connected to both body and chassis. the only things i did was extend steering shaft and remove the lower half of the radiator fan shroud. and disconnected the fuel filler then reconnected afterwards which barely fit, but it fit none the less.
been driving it round for months now and everything is all good.

Bodykit fitted

I installed my 50mm bodylift kit a couple weeks ago. It wasnt to tough a job except I was provided with the wrong size bolts (we will get into that later).
Lifting it was easy, I removed the bottom radiator shroud, removed some brackets that held the rego light cables in and extended a pipe in the engine to give some breather more length. I removed all the bolts and placed the new ones in there to lift. I lifted each side with a trolley jack (but a regular jacket would do) and some blocks between the side steps and the chassis.
The tray proved a little more difficult because the bolt holes are in the cross beams so the new length wont fit in and I have to push them up from the bottom and put the nut into the beam. The front right bolt of the tray I havent put in yet because I will have to remove the diesel tank for that and it was full when I did it. I'll do that this weekend.

I bought my kit from Snake Racing because they were the only one I could find with an alloy kit. It was pretty expensive and I regret getting it from them.
After I placed the blocks I discovered that the bolts where not long enough. They advertise 24/7 support line so I called them up on Saturday. The guy told me to remove all the bolts and place them next to the originals because he suspected I'd used the wrong ones. To humour him I did it but I had it right. I called back and he didn't answer again for the rest of the day. The next day I called again and the guy I spoke to told me to send photos and they would deal with it on Monday. The response I got was that I was doing something wrong. Man, what can I do wrong?? The bolts were not long enough and I sent loads of photos demonstrating it. These guys would not budge. I mean how much would it hurt to send me a set of bolts after I already paid $500 for the kit? Even after I told them I needed my car to get to the airport the following Friday (I live on camp as I work on a coal mine $160 kms from anything) they refused to accept responsibility.
Eventually I said to the guy, look just tell me the spec of the bolts I need and I will order them from a local shop. He never responded and I got nothing back. Eventually I called up Universal Fasteners and described the bolts I had and they sent me longer ones that cost $36.
Snake Racing were pretty poor and I resent buying from them. I would never use or recommend them to anyone.

Nice guide. I didnt do half of it tho when i did mine haha. Just loosend the steering shaft before and tightended it after, pulled the lower shroud straight out and undid that stupid cab brace.

This is how I did mine.
Did anyone that has done this lift noticed any engine vibration? Not sure if I am or I'm being paranoid. I feel like there is alot more engine resonance in the cab.

^ Yep this is how I did mine. I have no engine vibration.I did do one thing differentaly instead of removing steering shaft I made a spacer out of 12mm x 20mm flat bar and put it in with longer bolts where the rubber biscuit is.
I had to loosen and adjust/extend the fuel filler hose.

did anyone find their nav ran a bit hotter from removing the radiator shroud? cheers

Mine still sits 86 degreese both before and after body lift. Having the scan guage allows me to always monitor this

^ Yep this is how I did mine. I have no engine vibration.I did do one thing differentaly instead of removing steering shaft I made a spacer out of 12mm x 20mm flat bar and put it in with longer bolts where the rubber biscuit is. I had to loosen and adjust/extend the fuel filler hose.

Just watch that steering spacer if you are going to get it engineered. I thought it was a good idea to when I lifted my patrol, but the engineer knocked it back saying I created a twin sheer. I couldn't see it sheering off but I can't argue with a uni degree.

Just a heads up. Cheers.

Just watch that steering spacer if you are going to get it engineered. I thought it was a good idea to when I lifted my patrol, but the engineer knocked it back saying I created a twin sheer. I couldn't see it sheering off but I can't argue with a uni degree.

Just a heads up. Cheers.

so what did u end up doing?

I just left it thinking all engineers are idiots. I didn't end up engineering it. But I'm a bit older and wiser now so I will get the Nav done, especially with the upcoming law changes. I have heard that nothing needs to be done to the steering shaft but if it dose I will source a extension like Snake Racing do. Zordo would know and I think it was him that said it was ok to leave it as is.

Cheers.

Just a heads up. Cheers.

Cheers navmania.
did you remove the rubber disc complete ly?
I didnt. When the steering shaft was adjusted/ extended I noticed the rubber disc was bowed/stretched to bring it back to normal I added the spacer.

dunno if its true but i'm told those snake extensions are no go aswell.

the rubber disc is there to allow for slight movement between the body and chassis.

on mine i wouldnt have had much length left in the spline. so i used some washers to space it out... better then leaving the splines with barely anything to grip into in my opinion.

I think if you can snap a bolt on the steering shaft then you have hit something pretty dam hard and the steering shaft will be the least of your problems. I'm not sure how the snake ones a actually work. I have never looked into them but I doubt they would be ADR approved.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back