New LED Lightbar laws.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" it's wired so it only works when I'm in 4wd officer"
" then put it in 4wd and show me"
"Sorry can't engage 4wd unless I'm on a loose surface, might destroy the transfer case"
" put it in 4wd and just go forward slowly"
" no can do officer you've pulled me over, not meant to drive away until I can leave"
"But I'm asking you to edge forward slowly"
" even if I was allowed to, I can't turn it in because there's on coming traffic"

So on so forth :)

XD
That is a very good point, which I have also considered. It would be possible to wire it up so it cannot come on unless the 4wd light is on, meaning it is in 4wd. But as you said above lol. Very easy point to prove. If the switch is on, you activate high beam and the light bar doesn't turn on, that should be all the proof they need.

I just have mine come on with high beam, with an on off switch. ... but I have that many lights they would be able to canary my anyway lol. 4 hid spotties and 2 light bars hahaha

Not meant to be on top of bar in qld either, is just that it hasn't been enforced

Bit of an old thread, but we have had an official release from the department of transport WA regarding where auxiliary lighting can be mounted...

Seems they have changed their mind on mounting yet again, allowing roof mounts. Still not allowed to mount on top of bullbar though, I can't see this changing in a hurry.

Last edited:
Haha awesome. I tested it just before I posted that link and it was working haha. I will try and find the document and post it instead...

Last edited:
They didn't take long to do that lol. I did hear they were reviewing the amount of total watts you were able to use. Not sure how it could be policed but it's being looked at. I'll post here if I find anything.

There has always been a height limit for driving lights in Vic,i had a unroadworthy put on my car 30 years ago due to driving lights on roof.You can have spotlights up there but must have a cover on them if on road.

Latest posts

Back