Loss of power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlcolmwheat

Reaction score
I have a 2012 D40 deisel auto dual cab, it loses power without notice, i believe it goes into limp mode, can ayone advise why this happens and the possible fixes.Thanks

Perhaps if you supplied a bit more information it would assist a little. Limp mode can have a multitude of causes and can be trial and error to find the cause.
Cheers

Thanks Happy John
All I can say is that the issue is intermittent, but has happened mostly on hill or inclines, eg going up the Gateway Bridge. It may also be that I dont notice it until hills come into play. I have owned the vehicle since June and the problem has occurred during last 3 weeks. There are no signs of other engine issues and no warning lights etc... I am at a loss to give any other info.

Usually the 1st step to diagnose a limp mode fault is to read any ECU fault codes. OBDII readers are cheap but if you don't have one it is possible to read faults using the MIL light and the accelerator pedal. A description of the process is here: Nissan DTC Display without reader
Post up any fault codes you find.

All I can say is that the issue is intermittent, but has happened mostly on hill or inclines, eg going up the Gateway Bridge. It may also be that I dont notice it until hills come into play...

Hey Mate.. just wondering, when your truck loses power does the power stay gone or when you lift the right foot and go again does the power return?
And is it auto or manual?

^ thinking SCV? Me too. Smacks of it.

Other sign of SCV is if the car goes 'limp' and only returns to full power after turning engine off and on again.

Sometimes a good fuel system cleaner will help. Liqui Moly make a really good one.

Hey Mate.. just wondering, when your truck loses power does the power stay gone or when you lift the right foot and go again does the power return?
And is it auto or manual?

Hi My Car is auto D40 4x4 dual cab. Mechanic has identified problem to be EGR. the power loss when it occurs stays until it cools down. Interestingly on cool nights it doesn't occur. I am told that the best fix is to bypass the egr all together.

Latest posts

Back