Deceptive site!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. Still at it. I've been removing accounts that I've banned (there are thousands), dem Russkies have been creating accounts like madmen every single day for a couple of years now - who knows why, maybe it's just an exercise to keep their fingers warm. Now, though, rather than banning them, I'm deleting them.

I did find a bunch of accounts that had home pages and signatures with URLs that had posted stuff (which makes the signature visible to a web search bot). Not wanting to compromise my own computer, I deleted those that looked more suspicious and rendered unusable the ones on older accounts that haven't logged in for a while.

I'm still slogging away at it. If you're keeping track of the total number of members (Home page, right hand column below "Hot Topics" in the stats area) you'll see the number of members has been declining here, from about 18300 when I started this exercise to 17928 at this moment. I'm bloody tired right now, not going to stay up any more, but will get back into it tomorrow.

Hi Tony, I've looked after several commercial websites in the past. Whenever these types of issues came up I could quickly find the offending pages/files/links using Google Webmaster Tools. The facilities there should point you directly to the problem. I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs, you've probably already done this.

I'll write to Dylan and ask him to request another review. I've deleted something like 7000+ accounts and I no longer just ban the spammers that create new accounts, I delete their accounts and go hunting for visitor messages left by the spammers. I've deleted plenty of those too.

Thanks for keeping me posted.

Not sure yet, Eric. Still waiting for a review and a positive response from Google.

However, I just did a Google search for something that ought to appear on this forum and this site showed up as the 4th result. That's better than not showing at all, so it's quite possible that progress has been made.

A couple of spammers have been on and made garages, I'll go toast them. They aren't real garages of course, they're just full of spammy text.

From Wednesday afternoon until Monday I'll be a little hard to get hold of. Yeehah Events are holding "Challenge Bathurst" and I'll be there as a track marshal. If you're in the neighbourhood, I'll be near Murray's Corner.

Ok guys, got an answer from Google.

Google has received and processed your security review request. Google systems indicate that http://www.navara[.]asia/ no longer contains links to harmful sites or downloads. The warnings visible to users are being removed from your site. This may take a few hours to happen.
So I'm stoked. Success! Hopefully the site will fall off any other lists that virus distributors like McAfee etc are using.

Did I say that right?

Latest posts

Back