double row timing chain conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kd0603

Reaction score
My son just bought himself a 2012 2.5 l
with 90k on the clock and the timing chain hasnt been replaced and probably should get it done before he starts driving it full time ,he is due to get his p plates in 5 weeks hopefully
Has anyone done theirs ?
has anyone used yd25.com.au as the supplier
what did it cost to do the job
Reading the yd25 website theirs is a conversion kit that to me reads as the engine doesnt need to be removed to do it,can anyone verify this
.....or who else manufactures decent afrtermarket timing chains
bloody nissan skimped and put a single row as usual

This topic has been cover many times in this site, enough to make you decide which way to go. Many of us have zero chain issues, like me, 06 with 230k !

D22s seem to be pretty OK. D40s were the ones that had the most issues, but I can't recall of any d22 motors having problems with them. It can be done with the motor in the vehicle, from memory you have enough room to remove the harmonic balancer without affecting the air-con condenser, once removing the radiator.

As said above, im not sure whether the d22 2.5 engine is as likely to blow as the d40 2.5 engine
That said, i put the yd25.com.au dual row kit in my d40 with help from my mechanic (my timing chain snapped at 70,000k)
It is a perfect kit, all the bits are there with a mix of genuine nissan guides and tensioners, and heavy duty aftermarket Iwis timing chain made in Germany
I couldnt recommend it more
Give paul at yd25.com.au a call

Can't speak highly enough of Paul at yd25. It is more expensive to do the d22 due to the silly sump design. Did mine mostly for peace of mind but it was stretching.

if you want to put your mind at rest you can take the vehicle to YD-25 Brisbane and they will do a chain check to make sure its not stretched etc etc. call them for a price to do this check. i know what the young guys are like when they get there P,s they just keep on driving so maybe its not a bad idea to get this check done. make sure the engine oil and oil filter [ genuine brand ] is changed every 5k plus the fuel filter [ genuine brand ] is changed every 10k.

Thanx guys i will check them out and see what they say, i just hope that my obsession with nice clean oil in my v8s has rubbed off on him ,he was pretty much born with grease and oil over him ,....so heres hoping

Latest posts

Back