Airbag light, can't clear!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayne89

Reaction score
Hi all,
So bit of quick backstory. Car went for a swim while 4x4ing, got wet in the cab up to about the bottom of the seat level. Had the airbag and 4x4 warning lights up on the dash after it all happened. 4x4 light went out but airbag stayed on. One slow flash followed by 3x 7 fast ones.

Pulled the whole interior out and dried it all. It appears the airbag control unit itself got pretty wet. Blew it all out with compressor but thinking it may be the problem. Put all back together and still have the light on 😡 Have tried the reset key trick multiple times and still won't go off. Horn is still working so not thinking clock spring. Am contemplating buying a new control unit which is about $300 as I'm thinking I've just fried the one in there now. Before I do this does anyone else have any ideas on how to get the light off. I have no idea if the airbags would deploy at the moment, I'm thinking not but my main priority is just to get that annoying light off.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back