What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put tinted bonnet protector on and dropped it off to get the rhino lining sprayed on. Picked up my turbo timer, and my towbar is on its way. Booked in to have tonneau cover put on also.

While washing mine today I was reminded that I still hadn't bought a bonnet protector but then I was also reminded that any bonnet protector I've had before was only one stone away from being a two piece fixture and decided that 1 chip in 2 1/2 years is not really a bad thing after all.

replaced cyclone filter with ebay delete pipe just now, drove to bottle shop and back. Pretty straight forward afair, seems good quality and good fit after some trimming and chamfering and sikaflex. Needed a 3" silicone straight joiner tho. Looks like it would flow a lot better than the tiny ducting that was on the cyclone filter. Its definitely louder, cant say i could notice it going any better tho. Ill see how it goes for a bit but think i might put the prefilter back on. 110kw diesel induction noise is ****en gay and irritating.

Dropped the ol' gal in to get the diff ratios changed, wheel bearings changed and clutch changed out. I'll pick it up in two weeks then get the mike vine turbo installed. Booyah!

Added some more light to the girl.

image-2144430405.jpg

image-155260458.jpg

image-4254119478.jpg

Filled up ($203 later...), quick oil and filter change (thankyou Fumoto valve - no mess), and decided that I really do want to keep it....won't be looking at any more new cars :)

Drove around while listening to those rubbish Sax springs squeak and rattle like they're about to fall apart.

All done up tight, I wasn't told these springs required more maintenance then the engine in the ute.

On another note, a chick at Sax (Who I am still waiting on about 5 call backs off) said Sax springs are made in India these days.

Looks like Fair trading will have to sort things out.

That's a damn well shame I was interested on getting some fitted up but if that's the case my dobinsons will stay in the car.

Dave. I think you may find that any of the Burgundy coloured sax springs aren't made in Aus. The only ones that were hand packed in there workshop are the black ones.

Gunning
From what I have heard they are having no issues with the D40 springs only the d22 ones. I reckon if they swapped the parabolic spring out for a thicker standard spring the issues should be resolved. But its not my call or my business

Micks projectors hid conversion with angel eye running lights. Cheers mick (just gotta get adjustment right)

Picked the nav up from mordialloc after getting rhino lining put on. Very happy. Also installed my turbo timer today.

Watched a wheel go flat again... has this annoying leak. Waiting to get new tires. Already plugged one screw hole.

Latest posts

Back