My STR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunkmuddie

Reaction score
got it in nov 05 in Cosmic black had tonnue cover snokel alloy bullbar and towbar from factory
put the stereo in soon after as well as the lightforce 240 blitz and 140 lance not sure which was first now

dunkmuddie-albums-my-d22str-picture76-3.jpg

dunkmuddie-albums-my-d22str-picture86-alpine-headunit.jpg

dunkmuddie-albums-my-d22str-picture84-fusion-sub-clarine-4-channel-amp.jpg

:( that sucks mate, must be a horrible feeling seeing your baby bent like that

damn, how'd the impact feel? air bag go off or not big enough of a hit?

how long to get the car all fixed? looks good otherwise!

impact wasnt that bad i had braced for it an no airbag didnt go off not sure why dont ask how long it took 2 repair that was a total screw around 18 weeks in total got a full respray out of it but an some extra cash cause it took so long from the insurance company

Who repaired it.

Did you crash at Lovedale ?

Nice looking STR, Ill keep an eye out for it.

Dave.

Who repaired it.

Did you crash at Lovedale ?

Nice looking STR, Ill keep an eye out for it.

Dave.

thanks
nar crashed near woodville on clarencetown road
Maitland Smash repaired it good job have had no problems with the workanship was good just took way to long

high flow air fillter and change to intake straight into back of fillter box

dunkmuddie-albums-my-d22str-picture80-high-flow-air-fillter.jpg

also done a 2" suspension lift with an ironan 2" kit and toughdog for cel front and adjustables rear

just finished install of dual batterys AGM aux with redarc isolation protection

dunkmuddie-albums-my-d22str-picture89-27052009426.jpg

dunkmuddie-albums-my-d22str-picture82-dual-batterys.jpg

Last edited:
thanks
nar crashed near woodville on clarencetown road
Maitland Smash repaired it good job have had no problems with the workanship was good just took way to long

Ok cool, haven't been that way for a while. Seems I am always in the Cessnock area or Singleton area for work.

Reason I asked who repaired it is, my brother is the forman panel beater at East Maitland Body Repairs.

Well set up D22.

Well done.

Dave.

looking good mate, just a quick question in regards to the toughdog shocks as im looking at fitting them to my d22 as well. Are you happy with there performance on/off road, are the adjustables worth it or do you think they are not needed. Im thinking of fitting them with extended shackles standard leafs and winding up the standard torsion bars (lookinf for flex, ha ha). As i said looks good especialy with the 285's.

stu

impact wasnt that bad i had braced for it an no airbag didnt go off not sure why dont ask how long it took 2 repair that was a total screw around 18 weeks in total got a full respray out of it but an some extra cash cause it took so long from the insurance company

Hey Dunkmuddie,

I pranged my ST-R also. Hit a cow at high speed in the night up north (dipped headlights).

My airbag didn't go off either WTF? I hit hard enough to kill the cow and my ute! I did $15,500 damage. Scrapped the two front guards, inner left guard, bonnet, radiator support, headlights, Hella 4000's, nudge bar (useless), radiators and fans, water pump, aircon compressor, alternator, headlight protectors, grille, aircon hoses, cyclone prefilter and had pass door beaten and re-sprayed.

I hit hard enough to break a bone in my left hand and bend the steering wheel, but airbags failed to go off! I hear you need to hit on the right hand front corner where the sensor is to send 'em off.

Mine took 8 weeks to fix and when rebuilt it was also fitted up with a Steel bullbar. Looks great now and steers straight, no wheel alignment necessary as chassis was straight as.

Anyways, your rig looks sweet, tyres look nasty!

Regards,

DJ

Attachments

• Nav.jpg
    Nav.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
looking good mate, just a quick question in regards to the toughdog shocks as im looking at fitting them to my d22 as well. Are you happy with there performance on/off road, are the adjustables worth it or do you think they are not needed. Im thinking of fitting them with extended shackles standard leafs and winding up the standard torsion bars (lookinf for flex, ha ha). As i said looks good especialy with the 285's.

stu

hey mate thanks the toughtdogs have been great 4 me not complants give an awsome ride on an off roa as 4 adjustables they work well when i have loaded mine up

Latest posts

Back