Hate my brand new D40ST Auto!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked at all other utes, read many forums and I found no matter which one you get, somebody always hates something about something. Yes for me the price was a big factor and even despite having to have a new engine at 22,000km (prob not helping my case) I love my D40, it goes anywhere any other 4x4 goes and I never been in a more comfortable car on the road, oh and also tows like a goodn too.

Fact. A d40 st is around half the price of a v8 cruiser, so you get half the motor.....
You are lucky to have a new ute... and stop flogging someone else's 200 series.....

Fact. A d40 st is around half the price of a v8 cruiser, so you get half the motor.....
You are lucky to have a new ute... and stop flogging someone else's 200 series.....

In NZ, a V8 200 series is about three times the price of a D40 ST 4x4. What a plonker.

Looked at all other utes, read many forums and I found no matter which one you get, somebody always hates something about something. Yes for me the price was a big factor and even despite having to have a new engine at 22,000km (prob not helping my case) I love my D40, it goes anywhere any other 4x4 goes and I never been in a more comfortable car on the road, oh and also tows like a goodn too.

Danmmmm ! What went wrong with it ?

haha his probably to scared now, that's one hell of a forum beating if ever their was one ... he's been put on the twat by one lol so that's about it for him "id say" !

Maybe Jacks just not doin' it right.....

Attachments

• 2015-01-12 16.39.10.jpg
    2015-01-12 16.39.10.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 144
DON'T trade it for a D22!!!!!!!

The D22 is SO much worse.
Worse handling.
Worse lag - your auto is probably covering a lot of this ...AND your 2.5 is more powerful than the D22 2.5
No back seat space.
No dash space.

The only thing going for it is it is cheap .... but not Great Wall cheap.

The A/C is good though :)
Tyres take ages to wear out.

Last edited:
no the D-22 is a much better vehicle than the D-40 by far. the D-40 is like a road vehicle , is low and bulky plus many things go wrong inside the engine bay like timing belt failures / turbo failures etc etc . the D-22 current models from 2013 and on are very very good in both comfort / and power boost , yes sure theres not alot of rear seat space and the dash etc are quite simple in the finish which is fantastic to me, the less electronics the better even the ignition key is the good old school type with no inner electronics to worry about [ new key cut [ $10 ] go the D-22:rock:

Jesus - Don't want a D40 ever.

My D22 is singularly the worst riding vehicle I have EVER owned or been in.
This includes a VW Beetle, a Lada Niva, a Suzuki Sierra & an 82 Hilux, a G60 Patrol, an MK Patrol, a CJ3 Jeep and a FJ40 Cruiser.

Last edited:
Back